Best NEW $1500 integrated amp? Your nominations.

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My experiences of the past week have made me realize that there is a lot of great new gear at reasonable prices. It seems, in particular, that $1500, give or take a couple of hundred, is a sweet spot for gear.

So, my nomination?

NAD C-375bee. Had two listens this week, and I just love it. Clean, clear and totally musical. Two much power, according to JohnVF, at 150 watts per channel, with tons of current so it will drive anything.

And please include pictures!

C375BEE-amp-front.jpg

nad_c375_top.r35.jpg

Rega Brio-R

Brio-R-front-34.jpg

Naim Nait 5i

naim_nait-5i.jpg

The Nait is just a hair over budget but can be had for under and was orginally under.

BTW, Erik I love the NAD integrated amps...and in fact I love the sound of their CD players as well. NAD has focused their resources on sound and that makes them a winner in my books!

I do actually plan to go and listen to everything that is nominated. Should be fun!

I do have to listen to the Brio-r again. The one I heard sounded a little hot. Might have just been the combo I heard it through.

For the price of the Brio-R you can add a nice entry level turntable and just drop the needle. There would still be enough of your integrated budget left over to hit the record store!

I'd nominate the Exposure 2010S2. It's actually $1,650. No frills, all beef ( performance ). This brand does not get enough exposure here in North America.

I do have to listen to the Brio-r again. The one I heard sounded a little hot. Might have just been the combo I heard it through.

Definitely something in the setup...nuttin' hot about the little Brio except the price...woo hoo!

For the price of the Brio-R you can add a nice entry level turntable and just drop the needle. There would still be enough of your integrated budget left over to hit the record store!

That sounds like good info for a different thread. ;)

The 990 is supposed to have a nice built in DAC. Never heard it but it looks nice and people who own it talk very positively about it online. My pick here would also be the NAD, of what I've heard.

I'd nominate the Exposure 2010S2. It's actually $1,650. No frills, all beef ( performance ). This brand does not get enough exposure here in North America.

That's a nice integrated. Exposure's biggest problem in the U.S. is a distributor who is almost universally disliked by dealers.

My nomination - Jolida (Maryland) JD302CRC. No nonsense build, quality parts and a very clear 50W per channel sound. Pop in some NOS tubes and smile all day. :music: Online shops like Morrow Audio will give a 10 to 15% discount off of the $1,475 MSRP.

Just noticed the pic is a JD302BRC like mine. The CRC has an IPOD/smartphone jack on the front panel.

AJD302BRCBLK.jpg

Last edited:
Although slightly over budget at $1895 the Bel Canto C5i integrated includes a DAC. Anyone familiar with Bel Canto's DACs will recognize what a bargain this is. Reviews are very positive as well.

cubdog

A shootout between the NAD, H/K and that Yammy in the other thread would make an interesting comparo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom