Best NEW $1500 integrated amp? Your nominations.

NAD C275bee internals, Very nice and clean. That's a nice looking amp!:

Attachments

• NAD-C275BEE-2.jpg
    NAD-C275BEE-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 64
It was only when I downloaded the manuals for each of the current NAD amps - conventional and digital direct - that I realised the C356BEE and C375BEE (now offered with the DAC MDC modules installed, btw) both have the ability to drive 4 speakers. The prospect of being able to sit back with a remote and select 'Speaker A' for, say, a pair of LS50s and then switch to 'Speaker B' for something along the lines of the PSB Imagine T intrigues me. Sure, many direct sales operations like Tekton give you 30-days to decide if you want their speakers, but who wants to be messing around with cables when you could be listening to the speakers side-by-side with something you are intimately familiar with ?

I expect that there are other amps with this functionality, but I don't know how common it is at NAD prices. Anyone ?

Simaudio has a higher end called "MOON Evolution Series". I've never heard them. I've only heard the lower end called "MOON"

I heard three of them, but I don't want to rely on memory for which was which. The bright red Anniversary series both looked and sounded great.

It was only when I downloaded the manuals for each of the current NAD amps - conventional and digital direct - that I realised the C356BEE and C375BEE (now offered with the DAC MDC modules installed, btw) both have the ability to drive 4 speakers. The prospect of being able to sit back with a remote and select 'Speaker A' for, say, a pair of LS50s and then switch to 'Speaker B' for something along the lines of the PSB Imagine T intrigues me. Sure, many direct sales operations like Tekton give you 30-days to decide if you want their speakers, but who wants to be messing around with cables when you could be listening to the speakers side-by-side with something you are intimately familiar with ?

I expect that there are other amps with this functionality, but I don't know how common it is at NAD prices. Anyone ?

I'm currently in the middle of selecting an integrated in this price range and the a/b speaker thing is becoming more of an interest to me. Not for demo purposes but my new house has provisions for speakers out on the back patio which my listening room connects to. I really want to be able to listen indoors and out without having to fumble around with switching cables at the back of an amp or hooking up some oversized speaker switch. I know that I'm just not going to like to mess with the amp everytime I feel like stepping outside. Unfortunatly it's beginning to rule out some pretty nice amps (Brio-r)Some models that have that option and also sound very nice to me are;
NAD 356 and 375 bee
Creek Evo 5350 (a little above this price point)
Arcam A28 ( little above as well)
Teac Distinction AI-2000

Two tube amps that I really like that hit way above their price point. The Line Magnetic is just a tic above budget and the Cayin A-50T slightly below. Both very similar in sound quality and build quality:

untitled-2_zps1dc1091a.png

S_A-50TEL-34__16537__01152009010108-2990_zps813ce0f1.jpg

Frankly the 2600a looks much beefier. I never said they were the same by the way. I said they look the same on the outside and have the same specs. You guys are incredibly defensive what are you defending? Talk about a herd mentality.

NAD C275bee internals, Very nice and clean. That's a nice looking amp!:

Last edited:
Looks like the old 2600A In a new box. Same specs as well.

Frankly the 2600a looks much beefier. I never said they were the same by the way. I said they look the same on the outside and have the same specs. You guys are incredibly defensive what are you defending? Talk about a herd mentality.

One man's defensiveness is another groups defending the reality on the ground, as opposed to vintage-only wishful thinking. We're sick of vintage-only fanatics constructing a false reality about modern gear. So when stuff like the above is said, we're going to make sure the record reflects reality.

What's defensive about wanting people to have accurate information?

Looks much nicer in the flesh. I took a look for pictures on line that did justice to it, but I couldn't find any. It is very impressive looking!

Probably like that chrome T+A 1530r that I'm hoping to buy. You can't get a good picture of it, as it just reflects everything around it. But in person, wow!

I guess the red integrated is a bit outside the scope of $1500 but one can dream. That's a cut above any of the Moon gear I've heard here.

NAD is not Canadian, they are British. And an offshoot of what was once Rank Hi-Fi (they were the last owners of Leak) and made offshore.

Back
Top Bottom