Grado SR80e

Tascam TH02-B

CAL!

Status Audio CB-1, OB-1

Monoprice 8323

MDR-7506 gets my vote.

Sony mdr-v6

Sony MDR-7506

This may have already been solved, but I agree with these suggestions.

I own a set of MDR-V6 and have been very pleased with them. I like all of my headphones, each has its own characteristic, but for general everyday use with excellent sound, the Sonys are usually what I reach for first. Great portability, don’t require an external amp, work off small mobile devices, and sound awesome.

My only complaint would be the same complaint that everyone who has them complains about - the crappy stock Sony earpads are prone to cracking and flaking within a few years of use. Plenty of aftermarket replacements are available that resolve this issue - even some really nice sheepskin leather ones like what I recently installed on my own.

Good luck with your search! :D

Holy crap. The 9500s seem to be going for approximately $240-ish. That's crazy talk!
Gibson, Philips' mfr for its good-er headphones, closed its doors. Supply down, demand still high

The mfr liscense was recently transfered to another company, but that company has its hands full with one of the other big name audio companies, dont remember which ottomh.

Monoprice sells some very decent headphones for under 100 bucks. Don't recall the model number of the pair i bought, but I've been fairly impressed with them.

I own a pair of the Senn HD280s and a pair of the MDR-7506s, each with their own characteristics. I highly recommend either (both if you can).

I'm personally not a big fan of the 7506/V6 nor the HD280. I used to own the V6 many years ago and still own a pair of 280s.

I have issues with each but they have legions of fans and I suspect many folks would be well served with either set.

I have a pair of the Monoprice Modern Retros and my son bought the Samson's cause he liked them so much. They seem almost identical except his are semi-open back. For the price these things sound pretty damn good. A really fun headphone. I am a very casual headphone listener but I was quite impressed with these given the cheap price of entry. Pads are easily replaced for cushier ones if desired.

I was originally considering much pricier headphones but then read so many great comments on these decided to try them as it was a low financial risk. As I know myself and that I will only occasionally use them, it seemed like a good test before spending bigger money. I was pleased for my purposes so haven't looked further...

I have a pair of the Monoprice Modern Retros and my son bought the Samson's cause he liked them so much. They seem almost identical except his are semi-open back. For the price these things sound pretty damn good. A really fun headphone. I am a very casual headphone listener but I was quite impressed with these given the cheap price of entry. Pads are easily replaced for cushier ones if desired.

I was originally considering much pricier headphones but then read so many great comments on these decided to try them as it was a low financial risk. As I know myself and that I will only occasionally use them, it seemed like a good test before spending bigger money. I was pleased for my purposes so haven't looked further...
for $26 w/tax i ordered these to try out

The Earzonk G cushion turns the SR-60 into an over-the-air headphone from a comfort perspective. Obviously not so if you're looking for any kind of isolation. I think they sound great with those cushions.

I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD438s that I bought because of how much I loved my HD497s. Unfortunately they're not nearly as good in my opinion. I'm not sure what the current equivalent model would be, but I'd be hesitant to go back to Sennheiser again.

Back
Top Bottom