Best place for C28 Repair in LA?

kevzep

Its all about the Music
As it says, I have a friend in LA who has a C28, nothing coming out of the right channel.
Probably needs a decent going over.....

Suggestions are welcomed, thanks guys..

Hi,

Just a quick note here that the C28 has quite a number of channel specific dials across the top where one channel may be turned completely off. If your friend isn't familiar with this model and if his C28 happens to be in a wooden case then he may not know they are there. You can press the panloc buttons in and pull the preamp out a bit to access them. Be sure all dials are turned all the way up. Just mentioning this because I thought one of my speakers was a bit soft but I checked these dials and found that one was turned halfway down for some reason. Most people seeing this are probably saying "duh" but I'm mentioning it anyway because I'm a little slow sometimes and I listened to a muted right channel for about a week before it occurred to me to check those dials out!

Hi,

Just a quick note here that the C28 has quite a number of channel specific dials across the top where one channel may be turned completely off. If your friend isn't familiar with this model and if his C28 happens to be in a wooden case then he may not know they are there. You can press the panloc buttons in and pull the preamp out a bit to access them. Be sure all dials are turned all the way up. Just mentioning this because I thought one of my speakers was a bit soft but I checked these dials and found that one was turned halfway down for some reason. Most people seeing this are probably saying "duh" but I'm mentioning it anyway because I'm a little slow sometimes and I listened to a muted right channel for about a week before it occurred to me to check those dials out!
Thanks man, he's not at all technical, he'll need to take it in to have it sorted.

I heard Brooks Berdan is no more. One of the partners passed away and the business got liquidated is what I heard.

You heard wrong. Or, at best I'd say that you heard incompletely.

About 7 years ago Brooks Berdan, the Big Kahuna at the store passed. After his passing the torch was carried by his wife, Sheila and his son, Brian. A couple or a few years later the son, Brian, struck out on his own and opened an audio store in Pasadena -- Audio Element. The wife, Sheila, has continued on at the existing and long-term location in Monrovia, as -- Brooks Berdan, Ltd.

On November 3rd, Audio Element is having an open house to celebrate their five-year anniversary. On November 10th, Brooks Berdan, Ltd. is having a dealer event. It is their 2nd Annual Analog vs. Digital Event.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom