Best place to sell vintage gear other than ebay

Lawdiva1973

Hello! I am new to this forum. I have a collection of used and vintage gear (McIntosh, etc) that I would like to sell. Is there another good alternative site to sell on other than eBay? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Just curious why you say this. I've only done one transaction on Audiogon but it turned out well. Have never tried US Audio Mart.
USaudiomart is free. Audiogon will give you greater exposure, but for a price. I also don't find Audiogon to be the best market for most vintage gear (McIntosh would be an exception).

To the OP, I'd start with local CL, especially if you don't want to ship, then branch out to here and USaudiomart. If it still doesn't sell, consider eBay or another pay venue.

If you are looking to get top dollar, bartertown probably isnt the best venue. Only other subscribers can see the listings so the market is very limited.. Facebook marketplace is a good option. Just beware of scammers. I would not ship anything to anyone through facebook..

You don't mention your location.

If you are not experienced in securely packing a McIntosh amp for extreme handling, I'd recommend that you plan only on a local sale; cash in hand (no $100 bills) at pickup.

McIntosh amps are extremely heavy, yet they have breakable glass front panels. If it's not packed properly in the original box, you may end up taking a bath when it arrives broken.

Back
Top Bottom