Best retirement ever! Sharing with the class.

Pio1980

AK Member
Subscriber
This is Dale, he is the brother of a good friend from my youth. I just discovered this and have to pass it on to the group and may share links as occurs. Meanwhile, explore and enjoy!

Something about a former neighbor his brother David told me not long after we first met ca 1963, updated.

Something else we had in common, old cars and the incredible McBride brothers junkyard in Grantsville, Utah.
I bought a 1920s hit-miss farm engine and a wrecked Harley Davidson WLA from them back then. Most of the really old stuff appears to be gone now.

I used to live a few doors down from Craig Breedlove. I was all of four or five y.o.. I'd go over there, and sit outside his garage at his house, while he pittered around in there (he was a total garage guy). He'd tolerate me and my friends asking all kinds of stupid stuff, very graciously.
One day, he had me come up to the garage, and he gave me a bronze medallion that commemorated his setting the land speed record with the Spirit of America. The medallion is a bit bigger than a silver dollar, maybe an inch and a hlaf to two inches in diameter. I thought it was the coolest, and I still have it stashed in some unpacked moving box.

Back
Top Bottom