Best Sansui Integrated Amps

This is a horrendously old thread but.....

I just came into possession of a Sansui AU-D11 II and was searching for opinions. This thread caught my attention because the original poster mentioned he has (or maybe it's had by now) a Kenwood Model 600. That is an amp I bought brand new and owned for over 25 years before selling it. I have a power/pre combo at present but this Sansui was made available for a very. very cheap price. Once it was home and listened to for a short time, I remarked to myself how alike it was sounding to a Model 600.

They are within 5 watts of each other so between them, Sansui AU-D11 II or Kenwood Model 600, which would be considered the better amplifier? I'm still leaning towards the Kenwood but listening to this Sansui is a pleasure.

Over a considerable number of years, this is the first piece of Sansui I've ever had.

Absolutely my kind of discussion goin here between 600 n d11ii.
And i agree to the exact feeling that the d11ii should sound so much Similar to the supreme 600.

for me the best amp is Sansui AU-9500 and AU-999 details dynamics microdetals something amazing

The AU-9500 will have a different sound, (never owned or heard one myself), and you may like it. As regards Lab testing the AU-D11 II will definitely show lower distortion, (which nobody can hear), and there is the power difference, (75W vs 130W) both of which won't amount to a hill-of-beans when it comes to the subjective impression and listening preferences of an individual person. ;)

I keep on telling myself to summon the courage and leave my 1960'ties comfort zone and step into the modern world of D11's and 919's ...................until then its AU-777a/ 999.mod

(because you can have two :D)

Last edited:
I keep on telling myself to summon the courage and leave my 1960'ties comfort zone and step into the modern world of D11's
It is a stunning unit after all
24226136302_7522c6fe0c_b.jpg

AUD11II_00011.jpg

Last night i went to the best hifi audio seller here . He knows me but i havent purchased anything yet from him.

The room was loaded with high end goodies.
Me , my cousin and 2 other friends were in for a surprise . He had all three walls covered with gear.

Sonus fabers.
Focal electras
Triangles
Mark levinsons
CJ premiere 12
Quad DMP
Bose 901
TDL
Harbeths
Hi fi Tube amps

And many others that i wouldnt know .

Everything was screaming "quality".
We got ourselves a pair of the Canton ARGO 72s for a price that seemed ok.
Traded our klipsch RB 61 IIs and adjusted the price for the cantons.

The guy then served us delicious tea and played his best system .
It was the sonus fabers and the Mark Levinson...the wiring alone was some $8000 ....
We were in for a stellar performance.
Beautiful n life like. And larger than life soundstage. Very easy on ears .

Then we brought the cantons home and gave it a spin .i liked the mids and highs and the shy lows . Somehow the speakers sounded better in our room and beautiful with our accuphase .
We have not played with the Sansui 907 imos limited yet.

The seller said he kept and worked with a lot of high quality amps and speakers and he least preferred japanese gear ,amps or speakers compared to the european and american products.
He then told us one nice thing...
He said he had all the love for solid state machines and preferred only top notch audio note tube amps only amongst tube gear . But theres this tube amp , Sansui au111 that stood out a winner for him....
that he regards very highly and swears by it for any competition.
Well that was a statement for us sansui folks too ...
Bravo sansui.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom