Best Soundesign Ever?

DanTana

Which is the Holy Grail of Soundesign receivers? I'm looking for the best audio experience I can possibly afford. Preferably one with the phono on top.

Come on....I'm serious...I don't feel quite right unless I'm looking at some wood grained plastic. :)

Oh, wow! I know the answer to this one!!! Hands down it's the SDR-105! An outstanding 5 watts RMS p/ch @ 5% THD, a frequency response of 100 to 15,000Hz +/-5dB. The FM front end has an impressive 10uV sensitivity! It also sports a built-in cassette deck with auto-stop! Lifiting this unit with it's 8 pounds of weight, plasti-woodgrain and you'll know this is a quality product! :D

SDR-105

oohh!
I want one bad!
isn't this the unit Paul Harvey has told me so much about?

please post pictures!!!!!

I'm having trouble driving my Apogee Full Range model speakers with my Soundesign Jukebox alarm clock. I was thinking of upgrading the power cord and changing my AC outlet to a Hubbell. Or perhaps a nice isolation platform? I'm hoping that the Transparent Opus MM cabling I'm using isn't the problem. I would like the system to reproduce 130 db orchestral peaks. Seriously.

The most insightful audiophiles prefer YORX

YORX had some far superior offerings in their prime. ElbowGeek and I are in bidding wars for YORX's fine statement home entertainment products all the time...

I happen to own the probable king of the Yorx receivers, the M2402. Actually puts out enough wattage to drive regular speakers without distorting terribly. Uses STK modules as its output stage. Actually works halfway decent, its quite surprising. Looks pretty cool too. Just another part of my giant collection of audio stuff.

Ever heard of Techwood. I think this was soundesigns "elite line" back in the 70's. Pretty rare as I have only heard of this but have not seen any. TECH-nics + ken-WOOD= TECHWOOD. The last name in HI-FI.

They sell Techwood stuff at local rent to own centers around here. Saw one at the flea market once. Imagine, paying $20 a week for 3 years to own a Techwood, seems like a dream come true.

AAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....Yorxxxxx.... sweeeettt sweettt caaannndyyyyyy ( drooling like Homer Simpson now!)

Similar Audio Humour,ya gotta read this!!

A few years ago I suscribed to an audio magazine that gave ideas to improve your sound in an audio advice section...a person wrote in with the following problems and they replied with some "Sound" advice...it went as follows..It is why I am writing,so you could give me the straight goods with no jive takin' like in the other high fidelity magazines.Here is my system:Candle Symphony amp,with radio, eight track,cassette and digital waking alarm clock...Realistic loudspeakers,model Minimal.. 2 1/2 in. 25 watts rms/channel,full range one way active driver. Newly installed,and mounted on the tops of my old cheap speakers to the correct hearing height,on spikes,actually sawed off Phillips-head screwdriver blades.My main source is the Yorx 756/A single play,belt drive,auto-speed ...modification: dust cover removed,turntable mounted on polyester fibre-fill throw cushions.Are you familiar with this model?It is Swedish,I think.The cartridge is the Empire,non ceramic,with newly-adjusted stylus.Here is my problem.When I listen to some types of choral intrumental music,the definitions in the brass,nickel-plated instrumentation losses the edge of the first attacking note.It does not "grab the throat" at first,but it is there.And on much of my Gospel collection,in the larger cathedral recordings,I think I can hear smearing of the vocal singing in a large choir,but mostly to the left side.I think it is caused by the time smear,an interpolation of the fundamental harmonics in the quintessential nature of cyclic chordal soundwave frequencies,or maybe by my speaker cable?I am thinking of either new,better loudspeaker ultra high fidelity cable,or LC-OFC silver-Litz wire headshell cables for my turntable:eek:r should I modify my speaker placement to eliminate time smear and vocal indistinctions?...What is you thinking, please?...the magazine replies:....We would modify the speaker placement.More specifically we would place the speakers as far away from where we lived as possible.Next we would get a good turntable technician to check the turntable's auto-speed, tomake sure it does not go faster than an auto,namely 50 km/h, less if you live near a school. And before we spent money on oxygen-free wires, we would check that the throw cushions under the turntable were kapok-free.The definitive technical paper on the effects of kapok on audio was published in the Autmn 88 issue of the Polyester Growers Quarterly.You might also check to see whether the nickel plating on the screwdriver blades under the speakers is compatible with that of the offending instrumenst.We are surprised that the sound of your Candle/Yorx system doesnt "grab you by the throat".The last time we heard one(our local K-Mart,which we like because they have such large listening rooms), that was certainly the way it grabbed us....Enjoy your Music...Kenny

Back
Top Bottom