Best source for Scott tube amp fuse holder replacement

Greg Nal

Audio Wizard Wannabe
Subscriber
I have a couple where the cap was lost or broken in shiping. Where do you get your replacements, short of cannibalizing from another old piece of equipment?

Antique Electronic supply has them (3AG type).

I think the caps are interchangeable with the old ones (at least I remember doing it). Worst case is you have to put in the whole assembly. The look is compatible with the old ones.

Thanks Tim, I think Anchor hasn't made it to Central Cal quite yet. All of our old-school electronics businesses locally have closed. Very frustrating to have to order (with shipping! Thanks FlaCharlie!) everything online.

Fantastic-AK'ers rock! 30 minutes and 3 solutions!
Hi Greg, i don't know if you can just order a cap, probably not. Before ordering, you should check the dimensions of the original fuse as the size of the holder and the hole it fits into is not a standard or an industry wide spec. So be sure to know the hole size and shape as well as the back clearance of the fuse. cheers.

You'd have to be able to ID who makes the fuse holder. Possibly they are still in business and making that style. A poke around on Mouser will likely turn it up if they're still around. Usually what i do is just order a new one of whatever is there, steal the cap and throw away the body. Or just change the whole thing if all else fails. The hole sizes are somewhat standardized so its just a matter of finding one that fits the chassis knockout.

Back
Top Bottom