Best speaker score under $100

Whats your best speaker score under $100 bucks? can be any size, age, brand, etc and put how much you paid, and let's see who got the best deal ever!
:banana::banana::banana:
Pics optional:D

PSB Amazing Alpha bookshelves, $10
PSB Alpha BS $100
Paradigm Phantoms with stands $50
Paradigm Atoms $30
Sansui SP X6000 TRaded for a dartboard
Jensen Moldel 20s with stands, $40
PSB 800 floorstanders $60
Whats your best speaker score under $100 bucks? can be any size, age, brand, etc and put how much you paid, and let's see who got the best deal ever!
:banana::banana::banana:
Pics optional:D

PSB Amazing Alpha bookshelves, $10
PSB Alpha BS $100
Paradigm Phantoms with stands $50
Paradigm Atoms $30
Sansui SP X6000 TRaded for a dartboard
Jensen Moldel 20s with stands, $40
PSB 800 floorstanders $60

My best deal, a pair of Signet SL280BL's, FREE! They were left by tenants in my rental house, never came back for them. Have had them as my mains for 6 years or so. Haven't heard anything that makes me want to dethrone them ( at least nothing I can afford )

Second best, my Genesis ll's. Got them at a yard sale for $15. They aren't going anywhere either !

Third...a pair of Dynaco A-10's. Found on the street on garbage night, you got it, they're staying too.

In no order of preference.

Pioneer CS99a------------------------------------------$100
Advent OLA came with Harman Kardon 730----$75
Rectilinear III High Boys-------------------------------$40
Mach One-------------------------------------------------$40
Kenwood KL-777a---------------------------------------$50
Fisher XP7b-----------------------------------------------$20

I've posted previously about other speakers I've found which surpass these recent finds
Celestion ditton 120 free
Leak mini sandwich $50
AR 3a free

Here's my latest finds:

- Pair of KLH Model 6 in the fancy cabinet and grills: $25

- Pair of Realistic Optimus 21 in like new condition: $15

- Pair of The Smaller Advent (needed surrounds): FREE

My good friend made some good acquisitions, too

- Pair of Klipsch Cornwalls, decent birch finish: FREE

- Pair of Klipsch Heresies, very rough cabinets: $50

GeeDeeEmm

The Magneplaner SMG's I just finished restoring.
Paid 50 bux, barely working. Got the wire kits, replaced all the wires and they sound phenomenal!

I got these two babies in front! I was the one who put the dents in the two dust covers. I didn’t think of it when I picked them up out of my car and brought them into the house. Duh! :dunno: They worked perfectly, and they moved on quite quickly after I replaced the damaged dust covers. They did come with messed up grills that I replaced the fabric on.
1B9E03EC-CE65-44B4-B611-A92140EE7AEB.jpeg
Paradigm Monitor 90p V3 $79 CAN

Pair of b and w's for $15, not sure of the model
dynaco a25 $15
dynaco a-50 curb find
Never paid more than $35 for any speaker pair, too many to list.

All my speakers were free, read trash finds, to 100. The LST-2's are the most I've paid, 150.00 CL listing. All needed various levels of restorations except the JBL 4301b's and AR-4x's. I love this hobby!
It's the neighborhood you travel through.

Linaeum lm1000 with dupont resin cabinet $26 for the pair and work perfectly. Amazing speakers.Just wish i can find out what the dip switches on the crossover board are supossed to be set at.

Forgot my ess amt one. Cabinets were rough, but speakers were perfect. Not bad for $2 the pair?
Bose 901 with equalizer first in the series found on the curb, no issues. Owner upgraded to new ones and threw these out.

Yes and dumb lucky timing!
Westchester has people with money who need new things, same as my area, but they have to bring to the recycle center now and they don't let anyone take things now. Used to be easy when they left it on the curb. Some of my best finds i got that way.

Those crazy cheap finds are still out there. I paid 19.99 for my first AR3's several years ago, AR12's free!
People want to stream, want small speakers, new stuff etc. They toss out marantz, thorens turntables, big speakers etc.

Those crazy cheap finds are still out there. I paid 19.99 for my first AR3's several years ago, AR12's free!
AR3s can still fly under the radar now to the unsuspecting.They look just like another old set of speakers.Take the grills off and you may get them free.:eek: I found a very nice set of L100s at a thrift for $34.99.Looking at them on the shelf with the disintegrated foam grills they didn't look very appealing.Take the wooden grill frame off and it revealed a pristine set of L100s.Now Klipschorn???I don't know that they can pass for something not special or cheap.Even twenty years ago.

Back
Top Bottom