Best speaker score under $100

20180319_221219.jpg Wow! I started this thread a little over 3 years ago, and it keeps reviving! I never would have guessed it would have gone this far!
Also I cannot believe some of the deals that many of you have gotten on some really remarkable speakers!!
Altough it is getting harder to find these deals, they are still out there.
Here's to the hunt!!:beerchug:

I'll add my Vandersteen 2Cis to the list, got them with a JVC super digifine set for $300, the JVCs are worth way more, so the Vandy's cost me about -$1700 !!:rflmao:
I got the Energy ESM-2s for free too, in mint shape!

three pair klipsch hii...three times 50 bucks each same thrift store...blew my mind...2 pair in 6 months...1 pair year later...jbl jubals 100..needed foam...

This week I had very good luck. I went to my local Value Village on Monday, and found a lone Kef 103.2 in good condition for $26! Asked about the mate but they couldn’t find it. Then, on Thursday evening, I went back and found its mate on the same shelf as I found the first one for $10! Sounds great with volume, but there is some distortion from the woofer on one at low volume. I think these are going with my bedroom console.

Attachments

• EADBF4CB-48EA-4B08-B12A-4A7482C7C993.jpeg
    EADBF4CB-48EA-4B08-B12A-4A7482C7C993.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 31
  • 80EFAC98-88CD-4E6B-BC03-559B861C11E4.jpeg
    80EFAC98-88CD-4E6B-BC03-559B861C11E4.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
  • My Pioneer lattice fetish:
CS-99A's (outside set) were bought as a package with an SX-838 and a PL-15DII for $60. Sold the PL-15Dii for a little more than that... so the CS-99A's and SX-838 were free?
IMGP8258.JPG
The CS-99's (inside set) were also bought in another package, net/net of selling off part of the package and refoaming the tweeters - free.
My wife got the 'tweeter house' in the middle for $2

CS-A500's - $11 (Garage Sale $5 and tweeter foams $6)
CSA500a.jpg CSA500b.jpg

CS-77's - $14
IMGP9908.JPG IMGP9909.JPG

Only my opinion, but the CS-A500's sound the best.

Attachments

• IMGP3751.JPG
    IMGP3751.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 4
I’m a little late to this party, but what the heck.

A pair of Klipsch Forte I, KG 1.5 and center for $50
Infinity Kappa 6.1 series II for $50 but needed refoaming.

Fun stuff!
I miss the score.
They seemed a bit unreal and more than unbelievable.
Alas, it seems I'm relegated to go by memory scores;)

Several pickers / flippers in my area so I rarely see anything worth bothering with. Still look through the thrifts from time to time, but haven't seen anything more than old AVRs.

Do they qualify? Saw them listed on local CL for $40 but thought this was another example of someone not taking down a sold item. B&W, even entry level, old ones should not go for that little if they are working. Poster did say something about a grill having damage. Contacted the guy and he said they were still available. Was busy and decided not to pursue it. A couple days later they have a new lower price. Contact him again and an hour later they were in my trunk. Had to navigate through a lot of crap like multiple pairs of shoes, clothes on the floor, and a skateboard right inside the front door. Spent a couple hours fixing the one grill. And while the ones below are not mine, they look essentially the same. $20.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?attachments/b-w-with-grilles-jpg.1245329/

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?attachments/b-w-330i-jpg.1245328/

Six months ago I also got some Optimus 1100 small towers off CL for $25. Decent speakers now departed to a friend who needed some, but not in the same league as the 330i.

These are hardly " scores " compared to most of you guys but here goes:
1. DCM TF600 for $30. Needed serious " dusting off " and four new tweeters. Used as my main speakers now.
2. Mission Freedom 770, near mint for $80.
3. Boston Acoustics VR950 with matching center channel for $60 ( these are fantastic for HT ).
4. Realistic Minimus 7W for free ( a " throw in " ). One of my favorite speakers. I use them in my home office with Kenwood 3500.

Exactly $100

After I gave the guy a Franklin he tells me they were headed for the trash. The left Speaker wasn't to bad, I did some cleaning and installed new foam. The right speaker took a fall and completely shattered the top plate for the emims, controls and crossovers, grills all broken.

I just finished making the new top plate so these will be making a complete comeback :thumbsup:. I've got quite a bit of work to go but even as bad as they were, they sound fantastic.
IMG_2177.JPG

My latest under $100 speaker score, $24 for the pair. They needed foams, spiders reattached, ferrofluid cleaned and changed, and new caps on tweeter. Still under $100 all said and done, but barely.

E0IEQav.jpg

Back
Top Bottom