Best Speakers Made In The 70s

Cylontymany

Looking for opinions on which are some of the best 3-way speakers during the 70s! I am brand new to this hobby and just started to collect. So far I have Pioneer HPM 60s and eventually get the 100s! My receivers so far are Kenwood KR 3600 and 7600 plus Sansui G771 "The Black Version"

To me, the 1970s belonged to two speakers:

1. JBL L100

2. Bose 901

If I had to choose between the two, the JBL's win, hands down. A nice set will run you about $400.

that would be my nova 9 speakers

I beleive my realistic nova 9 speakers are from the late 70's. Oh wait you wait great speakers? lol They are okay.

Josh

Fulton Music Industries J Module array

Great speaker but a 4-way, no?

My favorite 3-way during the 70s was the Khorn. I also liked the Fried Model H a great deal, I'd probably like that better than a Khorn now given my current tastes.

Klipsch
AR
B&W
Dynaco
Altec
JBL
Infinity
Advent
KEF
And so many more, take your pick.

I have the HPM 100, I like them, but they are not the best of the 70s, you could maybe put them in the second best of the 70s series of speakers.:thmbsp:

JBL L100, Bose?, those were not even TOTL back them.

Some of my favorite late 70's speakers:

JBL L-250TI
attachment.php

TECHNICS SB 7070
sb-7070.jpg

YAMAHA NS 2000
ns2000_1.jpg

B&W 801
6-1979_l2_w176_h132.jpg

Can any body give me some directions, where i can find a crossover diagram for Vivid loudspeakers thunder series-990 ,or where can i go for that info. Thanks in advance as new to this

First of all take a hard right then proceed NE toward the Google sign post, stop and enter your coordinates. You will be led to your desination. Welcome to Audiokarma!:)

Can any body give me some directions, where i can find a crossover diagram for Vivid loudspeakers thunder series-990 ,or where can i go for that info. Thanks in advance as new to this

OK.. not to sound discouraging but by Vivid loudspeakers are you referring to the house brand that The Brick peddled during the 80's? If yes, don't waste your efforts on the crossover. You would be much further ahead simply scouring kijiji or CL for a speaker from a well known manufacturer.

Mike

Some of my favorite late 70's speakers:

JBL L-250TI
attachment.php

Very nice speakers, the L-250ti's, but from the mid eighties. The wonderful Yammies from '82.
According to Audiogon that is.

Back
Top Bottom