Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Adcom GCD-575 CD player with remote control and Sony RM-101 remote control in near mint condition, $15 at an estate sale just before closing this afternoon. The RM-101 is the remote control for the historic Sony CDP-101 which was one of the first widely available consumer CD players. The Adcom has Philips TDA-1541A chip for a really nice mellow sound.

Picked up an original Nintendo NES console today with RF modular, power pack, two controllers and two games ( SMB 3 and a three-in-one SMB / Tetris / Nintendo World Cup). Got it all for free, it was about to be biffed (thrown out) of the charity shop because the power light flashes red.

A bit of contact cleaner on the carts and connector and away we go with 8 bit gaming goodness...

IMG_20171118_200908.jpg

Solo pre amps are not common thrift finds.
Earlier this year I picked up a NAD1020B preamp at the same Savers for about the same price. Seeing a pre-amp at a thrift is really rare.
The NAD has a loose RCA output on the shelf behind it which seems to be a common problem. The Kenwood seems to be in mint shape so far. Seems to have a little bit of bright glare but it is growing on me.

Last edited:
HMMMM
The Kenwood is growing on me lol. I have it hooked up to some Kef 104/2 speakers being driven by a Mitsubishi DA-A15DC amp.

My first good score in a long time.
Well if you end up liking it, I know where you can get the matching amp and if you don't, I know where you can let it go:)

Picked up an original Nintendo NES console today with RF modular, power pack, two controllers and two games ( SMB 3 and a three-in-one SMB / Tetris / Nintendo World Cup). Got it all for free, it was about to be biffed (thrown out) of the charity shop because the power light flashes red.

A bit of contact cleaner on the carts and connector and away we go with 8 bit gaming goodness...

View attachment 1048644

Oh, the days of blowing on the cartridges to get them to play. If only 8-tracks behaved so well.

Not music related but a cool find for me. I was digging through a bin at Buy the Pound and found this biography of Alan Shepard, the astronaut.. When I opened it, I found out it was autographed.

View attachment 1048857 View attachment 1048858
That is a cool find . Holy Cow !!!

When I was a kid , I use to pour thru this book all the time . I still have it .
$_35.JPG

I have not been doing well over the last couple of months. That is.....until today.
I know that this is COMPLETELY non-music related. But, I’m so danged excited that I can’t stand it.
1997 Dyno Nitro 24” BMX bike.
Completely stock and in fantastic condition. I feel like a 12 year old again!
Price: $10.99.
I have since cut that lock cable on the horizontal tube.
180D10C4-8066-48B4-AAAF-2C7F1AC13F99.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom