Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Interesting finds today: First off, a guitar wall hanging for my bar/pool area. Still had the original Hobby Lobby tag on it for 35.00, 6.50 at Goodwill
IMG_6317.JPG
Finally got to upgrade my LaserDisc Player with a Pioneer CLD-V870. No remote, but works perfectly. 8.00 at Savers after coupon
IMG_6319.JPG
And a 2013 Moody Blues Cruise Souvenir mini platinum record plaque, also at Savers for 3.20 after coupon. I can't find any info on this item online or eBay, anyone know anything about it?
IMG_6318.JPG

@Sethbramwell - The Moody Blues does a multi-night cruise (you know, on a cruise ship) every year. VIP packages are around $2k or something. Apparently they're pretty fun if you're in to that sort of thing... Signatures are probably authentic.

I have not been doing well over the last couple of months. That is.....until today.
I know that this is COMPLETELY non-music related. But, I’m so danged excited that I can’t stand it.
1997 Dyno Nitro 24” BMX bike.
Completely stock and in fantastic condition. I feel like a 12 year old again!
Price: $10.99.
I have since cut that lock cable on the horizontal tube.
View attachment 1049562

Great find ! I got excited by a BMX find down at the dump recently - until I took it home. I thought I had a classic GT Freestyle but what I actually had was a Trek Subvert that had been painted and had a Freestyle sticker set applied to it !! Lesson learned, do your homework :)

@Sethbramwell - The Moody Blues does a multi-night cruise (you know, on a cruise ship) every year. VIP packages are around $2k or something. Apparently they're pretty fun if you're in to that sort of thing... Signatures are probably authentic.

Thanks, HyKlas. I was able to find some vague information about the cruises as well as some of the promo items but could not seem to find anything about the record. Pretty cool find and either way it looks pretty nice hanging on the wall in my music room!

Nice find! 24" cruisers are always in demand - in fact, I'm in the process of listing an early 80's Cycle Pro Bonzai 24" F/F set I've decided to not build *something else more mid school in the works*. You could probably triple your money by just selling the DYNO saddle alone. I'm a GT/Robinson guy myself.

Let me know anytime you wanna talk BMX - one of my other hobbies I enjoy other than audio.

I have not been doing well over the last couple of months. That is.....until today.
I know that this is COMPLETELY non-music related. But, I’m so danged excited that I can’t stand it.
1997 Dyno Nitro 24” BMX bike.
Completely stock and in fantastic condition. I feel like a 12 year old again!
Price: $10.99.
I have since cut that lock cable on the horizontal tube.
View attachment 1049562

Great find ! I got excited by a BMX find down at the dump recently - until I took it home. I thought I had a classic GT Freestyle but what I actually had was a Trek Subvert that had been painted and had a Freestyle sticker set applied to it !! Lesson learned, do your homework :)

Awwww....dang. A GT would’ve been a major score!

Nice find! 24" cruisers are always in demand - in fact, I'm in the process of listing an early 80's Cycle Pro Bonzai 24" F/F set I've decided to not build *something else more mid school in the works*. You could probably triple your money by just selling the DYNO saddle alone. I'm a GT/Robinson guy myself.

Let me know anytime you wanna talk BMX - one of my other hobbies I enjoy other than audio.

I had gotten away from BMX as soon as a got my license (of course). I didn’t know that the subculture of BMX enthusiast still existed. Well, it does and it’s BIG!
This thing will sell for a premium.....but, I’m not selling. That 12 year old feeling is too good.:jump:

I had gotten away from BMX as soon as a got my license (of course). I didn’t know that the subculture of BMX enthusiast still existed. Well, it does and it’s BIG!
This thing will sell for a premium.....but, I’m not selling. That 12 year old feeling is too good.:jump:

Yeah, there def is a subculture. Go register on bmxmuseum.com if you have the chance. Great website that just about every BMX head knows - much like this website, you have gurus on there that have a bottomless knowledge base.

I started off just lurking and before I knew it, I was buying, selling, and building up my own rigs - tons of fun. Look me up. Same user name on there as I am on here.

Yeah, there def is a subculture. Go register on bmxmuseum.com if you have the chance. Great website that just about every BMX head knows - much like this website, you have gurus on there that have a bottomless knowledge base.

I started off just lurking and before I knew it, I was buying, selling, and building up my own rigs - tons of fun. Look me up. Same user name on there as I am on here.

Yeah it was those guys who helped me work out that my GT was in fact a Trek. Not a bad bike, but not a GT. Actually I got the model wrong - it wasn't a Freestyle sticker set on it, it was a Performer. I was somewhat disappointed to have my bubble burst :-(

That's cool to know there are BMX guys on here. I had a bunch of bikes back in the 80's and early 90's but my favorite was a 1988 GT Performer that got stolen and I kind of got out of bikes after that. My brother and his friends are still into them big time after all these years and have a bunch of Dynos and GTs. I recently bought a Haro to put back together so I can ride with them.

I joined.
Looked you up.
Sent you a PM.

Went to a GW in Indiana and found about 30 i was interested in. Sat down on a chair in the furniture department and did some research. Cut to 13. Turns out there were a few gems. Dave Rudolf folks is a private press with a large lyric booklet. Dl byron is considered a lost treasure in the power pop genre. Nice mix of most genres i like.

20171124_184639.jpg 20171126_093059.jpg 20171124_184807.jpg

I got a Schwinn Scrambler last year w/ Lesters on it. However, it's been easily 10 years since anything decent old school BMX showed up.

There was a time when Haro, GT, and one Skyway build were nearly every week as parents cleared out their garages after the kid went off to college.

Just rode my kids bmx at the skatepark.I know what i want for Christmas
what does your son ride? i've been itching to build up another mini cruiser. my son has an ELF junior cruiser i picked up years ago for a song - in fact, i ended up selling the fairly rare mini Boss stem for more than i bought the bike for.

all this recent talk about BMX has actually gotten me ready to build again. i have a UFO 20" pro that i never finished, so i'd like to do that one first - but, definitely have the fever again...

what does your son ride? i've been itching to build up another mini cruiser. my son has an ELF junior cruiser i picked up years ago for a song - in fact, i ended up selling the fairly rare mini Boss stem for more than i bought the bike for.

all this recent talk about BMX has actually gotten me ready to build again. i have a UFO 20" pro that i never finished, so i'd like to do that one first - but, definitely have the fever again...
11 year old rides a cheap 20" mongoose. I told him if he gets into it we will upgrade. He just likes cruising around a looking cool. My 6 year old has a trek and he is already standing up on the tube and getting the courage up to ramp.
I am a big noob in the BMX world but already know where i am going to set up the work bench. Researching and planning now. Mostly for the kids but i want something to play on as well.

Back
Top Bottom