Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Cool. Although not a huge scroe, this was kind of fun. An Apple Macintosh SE M5010 (1MB RAM, two 800K drives) with the original box, manuals/paperwork, operating software, etc. Like a complete idiot, I accidentally left behind an extended keyboard and by the time I went back, I had to settle for a later model (worth well less than the extended version, too). Oh well. Fully operational, so I couldn't complain for $25.

Local Goodwills never have any decent electronics. But we have an "America's Thrift Store" that is constantly turning over stock and I've found some decent stuff there. Non-audio, but I found this there this past weekend.

DVIuZhOVwAA6SwJ.jpg:large

That's a portable floppy drive for HP palmtop computers, circa 1985.

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 48
Off of the audio track, but I found a No. 10 Griswold 716E cast-iron skillet with the lid for less than $35 at the DAV a few days ago. It's about a $150 pan, judging by current sales.

Nice. Around here are mostly un-branded Wagner Ware pans. They are not valuable but they sell on CL. Smooth bottom USA made, of course. Later Lodge do not sell.

I had no idea you guys bought cast iron. I used to buy anything decent, but sold most of it off. I never see it at thrift stores anymore unless it's Taiwanese with wood handles.

The thrifts are pretty quiet here. Found this at st vinnies. They have resently started up pricing their vinyl. $15 bucks for a sub par copy of thick as a brick....anyways $3. vinyl is visually flawless.

8FAA019A-D173-45DA-89D4-F12CE74EF601.jpeg
Also got Boys 2 Men II on cd. For the ladies....

So I need another cassette deck like I need a hole in the head, but I came across this Realistic sct-22 for 6.00 at gw last night, good belt and all in working order. I knew when I plugged it in and saw that gorgeous display I will be walking out with it LOL. A little deoxit on the output knob and everything is great. Love the silver face aesthetic.
20180206_072244.jpg 20180206_072256.jpg

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures...)

Agreed. I got the same deck for $6 last month at GW. Just can't leave them (provided the belts are good).

Lol what, are they getting a standard price on that model now?

Also forgot to mention, I went by my Goodwill Clearance Center yesterday as well. I found an absolutely trashed Onkyo turntable that would not have even been worth salvaging, but I was able to take my multi-tool and unscrew the spring feet and use them to replace the ones on my Technics sl ql - 1. That thing has been missing two feet and had one about to fall off ever since I got it LOL

Cool. Although not a huge scroe, this was kind of fun. An Apple Macintosh SE M5010 (1MB RAM, two 800K drives) with the original box, manuals/paperwork, operating software, etc. Like a complete idiot, I accidentally left behind an extended keyboard and by the time I went back, I had to settle for a later model (worth well less than the extended version, too). Oh well. Fully operational, so I couldn't complain for $25.

Did it come with any System software? Maybe 6 or a version of 7? There are some websites that have a lot of old system software, progs and games for these older macs. Might I recommend you check out lowendmac.com?

The is an expansion card to add 2 more mb of ram. Do you know how much ram it has?

Love those old compact Mac and they have become very collectable. Used to be able to buy them all day for 5-10 dollars. Now if look on that auction site they sell for a good deal more.

Not much at the recyclers this morning but I did pull -

A Fuji S800fd 8.0 MP / 16x bridge camera, complete in box with manuals for $10
A Sansui P-50 turntable, complete with Grado cart, missing counterweight and stub (see thread in Turntables forum if you can help), $20
A full Pioneer HT system which has the VSX-420 100w x 5 AV receiver, a huge powered sub and five speakers, $100. More than I normally pay, but my son wanted it for his room to blast out The Weeknd and Suicide Boys. I figured $100 was a good buy to stop him playnig that crap on my gear, plus he has a job now so he can pay me back !!

Local Goodwills never have any decent electronics. But we have an "America's Thrift Store" that is constantly turning over stock and I've found some decent stuff there. Non-audio, but I found this there this past weekend.

DVIuZhOVwAA6SwJ.jpg:large

That's a portable floppy drive for HP palmtop computers, circa 1985.

Send it to The 8-bit Guy ? Might feature in one of his donations videos :)

I recently realized 2017 was a score-free year, save for a single nice-but-soulless Technics SL-D3.
So with low expectations being the new normal, yesterday was a surprise at SA...
I spied a(n) NAD receiver that just came in and inquired w/ the new guy in back. Not yet set up to test audio he says, "How's a $5 gamble sound?"
"Hit me!"

Turned out to be an A- condition 7250PE receiver. I thought it'd be a shop unit, but every thing is a-ok. Sounds so good it may just sit in the living room a while.
IMG_2587.JPG

As a PS, they've also got a Beogram 3000 in back (the newer LT one)-- I declined; B&O is a dark hole I'm afraid to venture down.

Back
Top Bottom