Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That Telarc The Firedbird was one of the first CD's I bought way back in the beginning. Cool.

I found the Telarc record of Firebird a few years back. I think I have just two Telarc records. I know the 1812 is a "classic".

S.J.

Goodwill yesterday, JVC 5 CD Changer and a Pioneer CT-W710R Dual Cassette. just clean up on the JVC, A bit more work to get the Pioneer up and running. It was filthy, I think it had been
in a storage locker for years. vintage set1.jpg
All cleaned up and in use. $20

KR-4070, not really cheap at $40 but I'm a sucker for wood trim. DBT passed so I hooked up my 2.2 Minimus 7's and we're up and running.

Decent cosmetics, switches are clean and smooth. I really don't need another receiver but "no" is a hard word.

I've got the bug for the similar era KA-xxxx integrated with the big volume knob and VU meters. Patience...

27431607608_d090b767a1_b.jpg

26431904727_1e5a01db62_h.jpg

KR-4070, not really cheap at $40 but I'm a sucker for wood trim. DBT passed so I hooked up my 2.2 Minimus 7's and we're up and running.

Decent cosmetics, switches are clean and smooth. I really don't need another receiver but "no" is a hard word.

I've got the bug for the similar era KA-xxxx integrated with the big volume knob and VU meters. Patience...

$40 That would be an insta buy for me. Vintage Kenwood hard to beat.

This my haul from a small thrift that I only visit every couple of months. All except the Duke Ellington were $1. The Duke was $3 but I felt it was worth it. All the records are in near mint condition and the album covers are as you see. I even left a few behind for karma's sake. The again I may go back.

Anyone care to guess why I bought the Cheryl Ladd and the belly dancing LPs?

Pics coming:

D1690B0F-97ED-4C5C-AFCF-3B4BCBFEB8EB.jpeg E922F2B8-7B90-4812-8AAA-540EB200E385.jpeg

Last edited:

I'm not even a receiver guy and I would have picked that up for $40. The face looks clean and with a bit of work those panels will look great.

This my haul from a small thrift that I only visit every couple of months. All except the Duke Ellington were $1. The Duke was $3 but I felt it was worth it. All the records are in near mint condition and the album covers are as you see. I even left a few behind for karma's sake. The again I may go back.

Pics coming:

View attachment 1157514 View attachment 1157513

That Lonnie Johnson is the winner there. :thumbsup:

Pics coming:

View attachment 1157514 View attachment 1157513
Been picking up a lot of Tim Weisberg albums myself lately.

I actually had a old guy (older than me so he was reeeaaally old!) next to me at Buy the Pound who was taking all the CDs and DVDs out of the cases and just keeping the discs. I asked him why he was doing it and he said it was cheaper to just buy the discs because you're charged by weight. I mentioned to him that now people will pick up the case and there's nothing in it. He got one of those "So?" faces and walked away.

I actually had a old guy (older than me so he was reeeaaally old!) next to me at Buy the Pound who was taking all the CDs and DVDs out of the cases and just keeping the discs. I asked him why he was doing it and he said it was cheaper to just buy the discs because you're charged by weight. I mentioned to him that now people will pick up the case and there's nothing in it. He got one of those "So?" faces and walked away.
With file sharing, honestly at this point the packaging is worth more than the disc.

Back
Top Bottom