Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Why is there an "h" anyway? Unnecessary. Why is there an "r" at the end of Worcester? Everyone knows it's Woostah.
Totally off subject, but when I lived in Boston and was newly married and very broke, I was caller ten on WZLX and won a pair of sixth row center tickets for Clapton at the Woostah Centrum.

Look at the difference an "h" can make. Worcester is Woostah, but Dorchester is Dooawchestah.

https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/about-pittsburgh/history/the-pittsburgh-h/

I look every day at the thrift in my town (GW and SA) and I've run across those records many times. It isn't even like they are rare. I swear some doofis working there prices them that way because they've actually heard of those artists. It wouldn't surprise me to find a Thelonious Monk on Riverside in a bin like that priced at $2 because they have no clue. I kind of look at it as a positive because the casual record shopper or flipper might stop looking there. It might open up opportunities to score some good stuff :dunno:.

In the 90s, I went to a church sale like that. The church had the high-school kids pricing the records, and since it was about 1995 they put the 'high' price of $5 on all the Beatles and Stones records.

I bought two rare psych records for a dollar each, and sold the pair to a dealer for $75.

Back
Top Bottom