Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

It was raining this morning so I went to GW Buy the Pound instead of going to yard sales and I'm glad I did. On Saturday mornings there are only a few people there and no record buyers usually show up. A cart came out with about 150 records and this is part of what I found. I love the Texaco album.

View attachment 1304126 View attachment 1304127 View attachment 1304128 View attachment 1304129 View attachment 1304130
Circus Maximus is a great find. :beerchug:Who is the Artist in the top right? I can only make out pass the plate.

Any used HT receiver has to be reset before use. The previous owner likely used the Audessy calibration to EQ for room and speakers. Of course the odds are excellent that this curve will be inappropriate for your room/speakers.

Yep I've found this multiple times recently. I picked up a Cambridge Audio Azur 540 for $10 and the balance was off. It also sounded like a$$. A quick press of the master reset, hidden in the back, sorted it out.

I also picked up a nice Pioneer amp, quite modern, that was stuck in protect. I went through the reset procedure and boom, fixed.

For a second, I thought you were going to announce your PD-71. I have a PD-93. Super decks that are far better than the matching amp and preamp.

I got the PD 71 at a thrift about 10 or 15 years ago. It was a little more expensive than that tape deck but has worked perfectly ever since I got it.

Popped into St Vinnie's, I've been looking at a threesome of Acoustic Research M2 speakers. Not sure why there were three, maybe one was used as a center or something. They want $35 each. I'll wait till they are half-priced.

When I was there found this B&O T2 with M2 cartridge. Haven't set it up yet but it was only $19.99 & the sticker says it "powers on".

20181014_123415.jpg

Popped into St Vinnie's, I've been looking at a threesome of Acoustic Research M2 speakers. Not sure why there were three, maybe one was used as a center or something. They want $35 each. I'll wait till they are half-priced.

When I was there found this B&O T2 with M2 cartridge. Haven't set it up yet but it was only $19.99 & the sticker says it "powers on".

View attachment 1305271

If the cart is good, that is a huge score.

If the cart is good, that is a huge score.

I just went to hook it up to a Pioneer SX-9 and saw that one of the RCA connectors is missing, just bare wire sticking out of the casing. I suppose I'll just splice another on. I guess you figured out it was an MMC2 not an M2 cartridge as I wrote. I have those AR M2s on the brain.

The ARs are really nice when they are put on a stand and moved away from walls; they'll throw an image that you can walk right into the middle of.

What is the lp with the 3 guys and the sideways ying yang?

It is an obscure three man rock group called Rockin' Foo. Hippie psych from 1969. Les Brown, the drummer, was the son of the famous Big Band leader. The cover of the album was drawn by roadie, Phil Hartmann, who went on to gain fame in the Saturday Night Live cast and on the TV show, NewsRadio.

I was looking through some of the albums from that batch and I got a chuckle. The Songs of the Guiana Jungle was recorded by the group, Ramjohn Holda and the Potaro Porknockers. That might become one of my favorite band names. :D

It is an obscure three man rock group called Rockin' Foo. Hippie psych from 1969. Les Brown, the drummer, was the son of the famous Big Band leader. The cover of the album was drawn by roadie, Phil Hartmann, who went on to gain fame in the Saturday Night Live cast and on the TV show, NewsRadio.

I was looking through some of the albums from that batch and I got a chuckle. The Songs of the Guiana Jungle was recorded by the group, Ramjohn Holda and the Potaro Porknockers. That might become one of my favorite band names. :D
I KNEW I'd seen that one before! Buddy had it in his collection way back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom