1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Best Vintage pioneer speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by cbret3500, May 22, 2007.

1. Ds2000

Ds2000 All About every cool stereo component. Subscriber

Pioneer ElitE TZ-9LTD. 1992 model, only made the one year. Subtle but significant upgrades to mid driver, x-over and cab.
    IMG_0870.JPG

saltwater likes this.
  2. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

I agree with the HPM 150's....

My brothers got a 1250 with a four speaker system sporting 150's and with the volume at center mast a large amount of tight bass is part of a large soundstage. Probably the best Pioneer speaker to use with an SX-1250 from what I've heard and my brother is always finding different speakers.

3. welcomdmat

welcomdmat Active Member

I don't see where the Pioneer CS-A700 speakers have been mentioned. I listen to ambient and neo-classical music at lower volumes (due only to listening space). The CS-A700 may be a basic speaker, but the separation of sound has these as my go-to speakers. I have a pair of JBL speakers that give a great sound with a unity of parts, but the CS-A700s give a stronger separation of parts listened to at the same time.