Best Vintage Speaker Kickoff!

Discussion in 'Vintage Gear - Top Performers' started by audioguy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Te-Te

Te-Te Learning never exhausts the mind. Subscriber

Welcome to AK!!!
    I'm sure there are many here who will gladly advise you on any questions/thoughts you may have.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. david1111

david1111 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. It's kinda funny that there's probably a lot of equipment now, like my Celestion DL8s that weren't really vintage when this thread began, but they are now!
    And I'll definitely have some questions for some of the other threads. There's a lot of differing info out there on many topics.

Dave

Te-Te likes this.
  3. Te-Te

Te-Te Learning never exhausts the mind. Subscriber

There is a Thread called Introductions, on the home page. You should check it out and let everyone know you have arrived.

IMG_3823.PNG

4. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

@david1111 drop by and listen to a few different vintage speakers. Welcome to ak.

5. david1111

david1111 New Member

Thanks guys. And sorry it took so long to reply, I've had a couple of busy days.
    Blue Shadow - I'm in Toronto, but next time I'm down your way I'll drop you a line and see if yer available. Btw, are you a super-hero? Cause I think I've heard of you. :)
    I'll go to Introductions now and introduce myself and say where I am.

Cheers,
    Dave.

6. Blue Shadow

I truly believe I'm more in line with my screen name initials than a super-hero. Ask many on ak or other boards I use that moniker and ... But no one seems to use my initials much, too bad, really.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. david1111

david1111 New Member

BS - now I see the point. I just thought your, 'I gotta get me a new title' quote was humorous.
    And your Dave Voorhis quote is spot on.

8. Blue Shadow

I did that title when I was subscribed and after I expired I couldn't change it. I do change the pic occasionally. The quote is fairly new and completely avoids any arguments and keeps those that can't or won't accept that expensive stuff might actually provide a step up from requiring test results or triple blind test results. Folks can prefer whatever they want. Not everyone needs to agree.