Best way to clean front fasia

Whitebear15

Bet this has been asked before, whats best to clean the front fasia on a marantz 1060, Ive tried a few cleaning products, but was worried it might remove some of the paint from the lettering.

Would like the fasia to be shiny after cleaning, any recomendations of what to buy.

Rob

I don't know what particulars that Marantz face plates like (I know some makes have fragile lettering) but I've had great results with soapy warm water and a soft cloth to clean faces. After I'm done I go over the face with a quick detail wax to give it a nice shine. The difference before and after wax is immense.
Even clean most anodizing looks lifeless and old. After a few coats of wax they glow.

Look for a can of "Elbow Grease"

But on a serious note I would start mild with a window cleaner. Maybe diluted simple green.

If you have staining or tar, some naphtha or denatured alcohol (judiciously).

A polish or wax after, or a wipe with mineral oil.

A whole lot can be done with windex and a chip brush.

I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, dampened, wipe dry with another dampened micro fiber towel, and apply a good car wax. I have also used Windex with good results.

Last edited:
Take off the faceplate, soak it in warm soapy water for 30 mins. take it out,give it a quick clean with a cloth, avoiding the lettering. Rinse and allow to dry. Cleaning with a damp magic eraser (along the grain, not against) is also good. Again, avoiding lettering. I couldn't use anything with chemicals personally

I don't know what particulars that Marantz face plates like (I know some makes have fragile lettering) but I've had great results with soapy warm water and a soft cloth to clean faces. After I'm done I go over the face with a quick detail wax to give it a nice shine. The difference before and after wax is immense.
Even clean most anodizing looks lifeless and old. After a few coats of wax they glow.
Thanks for advice, my Son refurnishes furniture, so have loads of wax at hand. Rob

Take off the faceplate, soak it in warm soapy water for 30 mins. take it out,give it a quick clean with a cloth, avoiding the lettering. Rinse and allow to dry. Cleaning with a damp magic eraser (along the grain, not against) is also good. Again, avoiding lettering. I couldn't use anything with chemicals personally
Its easy to remove faceplate on a Marantz 1060, so will give it a try. Thanks Rob

Look for a can of "Elbow Grease"

But on a serious note I would start mild with a window cleaner. Maybe diluted simple green.

If you have staining or tar, some naphtha or denatured alcohol (judiciously).

A polish or wax after, or a wipe with mineral oil.

A whole lot can be done with windex and a chip brush.
Lol, tryed elbow grease, with no result..

I also use Magic Eraser, and Windex on the glass parts. If you want to wax it as well, you'll be wanting an automotive wax.

Back
Top Bottom