best way to connect an iPOD

lazaruslong

I recently acquired an Akai 2400-AM from a fellow AK member to use with my turntable, and I am wondering what the best way to hook an iPOD up is?

I know I could get a cable to go from the headphone out to RCA and plug into an AUX port, but is this the best way with the highest fidelity of sound without spending a ton of money?

thanks

The headphone out jack on the iPod is a standard 1/8" stereo phone plug. Radio Shack has everything you need to connect to standard RCA phono plug inputs on an amp or receiver. I have a small connector that has a male 1/8" plug on one end and two female RCA plugs on the other. I use it to connect standard interconnects to the iPod.

Coupla bucks and you're good to go!!

Y-adapter RCA and you're good to go.

Maybe you can try the Airport Express with iTunes. Then you can wirelessly stream your hardrive & control the volume :thmbsp:

The airport stuff does look interesting, maybe i will try it sometime.

thanks for the replies, will goto radioshack tommorow!

Do you happen to live near an Ocean State Job Lot?

I just picked up an RCA to iPod dock "slot" cable connector made by Mad Katz (the company who makes ipod, PSP, Gamecube, X-box, ect. accessories)- one end has RCA connections, the other the connection that fits into the bottom slot of the iPod, the slot used to connect into a dock if you have one, or where you'd connect the ipod to a wall plug to recharge the unit, or to your usb/firewire slot to your computer.

I've never seen this approach before. Bought it, along with an iPod case, and car charger, for $9 on closeout- made to fit my 4th generation iPod.

Usually, I use an RCA to minijack setup, and I plug the minijack into the iPod dock I have for my 4th generation ipod.

What model is yours? The iPod video and nano models do well with connecting to the headphone jack, while the earlier models are better off connected through the ipod dock for fidelity, or through this neat device, the Sendstation Pocketdock.

USB version-
http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/lineout-usb.html

Firewire version-
http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/lineout-fw.html

Back
Top Bottom