Better Call Saul

The flashback scene, where their mother was on her death bed, says a lot about Chuck & Jimmy's dynamic.

****Spoiler alert *****

Amazing to me that Saul refuses to see that his brother is a real Papa Romeo India Charlie Kilo. Personally I would have had the tin foil wearing nut job committed .... brother or no brother.

Oh wait! ... he's a lawyer & a respected member of the elite ... maybe he's just eccentric. :king:

If Chuck plans to expose Jimmy with the recording doesn't he risk trouble of his own, If I'm not mistaken it's illegal to record someone with out their knowledge?

If Chuck plans to expose Jimmy with the recording doesn't he risk trouble of his own, If I'm not mistaken it's illegal to record someone with out their knowledge?

True that ... if he tried to play it for other people ... I would just say ..." I was just trying to make him feel better . :crazy:"

Here's my take on how this show should go.

The last episode of next season sees Jimmy go full Saul, he puts on the garish suit, puts an inflatable Statue of Liberty on the roof and opens for business.

The season after that is all about Saul, we get to see him in action using all kinds underhanded tactics to circumvent the law and get his clients off the hook.

In the final minute of the final episode he tells his receptionist to send in his next client, the door opens and in walks Walt and Jesse, fade out, the end.

Of course there may have to be something after that to wrap up the Cinnabon storyline, maybe he gets gunned down when someone from the Cartel finds him?

Sanusi makes a cameo, stashed in the garage.

And now 2 full seasons and still no Saul. I look forward to things picking up in season 18.
It is not Breaking Bad Il...it is much more subtle and David Lynch-like. Some of the scenes remind me of Japanese movies directed by Miike, especially the neon light effects before Chuck falls on his noggin in the print shop.

Chuck is such a relentless dick, I'm surprised that jimmy hasn't turned his back on him. Most folks I know would have ceased contact with a full-time tool such as him - brother or not.

He truly has no redeeming qualities.

Chuck is such a relentless dick, I'm surprised that jimmy hasn't turned his back on him. Most folks I know would have ceased contact with a full-time tool such as him - brother or not.

He truly has no redeeming qualities.
A brother like Jimmy could do that to you.:beatnik:

It is not Breaking Bad Il...it is much more subtle and David Lynch-like. Some of the scenes remind me of Japanese movies directed by Miike, especially the neon light effects before Chuck falls on his noggin in the print shop.

This review by The Atlantic is similar to my take. Great show? Check. Great acting? Check. Great writing/directing/cinematography? Check.

Same story arc in seasons one and two? Check.

Lovable but shady lawyer gets into a series of situations, all while trying to gain the trust and respect of a brother that betrays him in the final episode.

Did I just describe season 1 or season 2?

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/04/better-call-saul-season-2-finale/478839/

This review by The Atlantic is similar to my take. Great show? Check. Great acting? Check. Great writing/directing/cinematography? Check.

Same story arc in seasons one and two? Check.

Lovable but shady lawyer gets into a series of situations, all while trying to gain the trust and respect of a brother that betrays him in the final episode.

Did I just describe season 1 or season 2?

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/04/better-call-saul-season-2-finale/478839/

Maybe season one and two are alike but I don't mind...perhaps the producers want a more non-linear kind of experience for the viewer. The Atlantic is saying the show is too cute by half, and they want the Saul from BB to show up sooner than later. I just enjoy the beautiful cinematography and will go along for the ride where ever it goes.
Sort of like reading Proust.

And that's why I thought a show with Saul in the title would actually be about a guy named Saul at least before season 3. There are still years between the current storyline and when BB intersects the Saul Goodman universe - his picture on bus stops is well known by BB, he's been doing something under the Saul Goodman moniker for some time by then.

But yeah, it's a great show at any pace. Sooner or later the writers will need to cast off the Slippin' Jimmy vs Chuck angle - Stay tuned for season 3! Reprobate lawyer Jimmy McGill tries to win the respect of his staid older brother, again, and gets a knife in the back for his troubles, again!

At least the Mike storyline is actually progressing, moving forward rather than in circles.

At least the Mike storyline is actually progressing, moving forward rather than in circles.

Yes, I'm expecting the dark lord of Albuquerque, Gus Fring to show his face soon. Pretty sure the windscreen note was from his part of the world.

Fring & Mike both both had small roles in 2 different Eddie Murphy movies. Anybody care to take a guess which movies?

Back
Top Bottom