Better Call Saul

I find it both interesting and rewarding how Vince Gilligan et al have taken key but peripheral players in Breaking Bad and built an entire show around them.

Not sure if Better Call Saul will ever reach the level of Breaking Bad; let's face that was epic. But it is great in its own way. I look forward to it each week.

At some point I will likely rewatch Breaking Bad in its entirety. Should be a lot of fun with the new background detail on the players.

I think they're planning on having him declared mentally incompetent.
The photos of his house, Jimmy will probably claim everything he said on the tape was to help Chuck get his confidence back, and after seeing how Chuck lives who wouldn't believe him.

Looks like you nailed it. I was thinking the same thing..... it was the only direction that sort of made sense - getting Chuck to go all Captain Queeg in front of the board.

From Breaking Bad you already knew Mike dies, Gus dies,Tuco dies, Hector dies and Jimmy becomes "Gene" in Omaha working at the Cinibon.

Well........ I have never seen Breaking Bad so I didn't know any of that until I read your post. :) I was really looking forward to watching that series after this one, but now not so much. :D

I've watched the series about 8 times through (I have the BluRay edition) and even though I already know this I still find watching it to be great entertainment.

Just watched the entry episode and can now see the parallel to the "B B" series.

I like the way they give you visual clues that make you wonder:idea:...like that damaged trash can at the beginning of a scene, then follow up as you have that image riding in the back of your mind while the plot continues on. Plus, what may seem as a trivial comment made, down the road comes back to either haunt some of the characters in "BCS" or later clarifies why a particular word was used. Good writing here as now the audience engages mentally with the dialogue.

Some times way out characters on the screen DO reflect their counterparts in real life...but that's for another thread!:biggrin:

Q

Now that was a great commercial, Jimmy nailed it. Hell I would of bought a commercial and I don't even need one!

Looks like Hector is in really poor health. Tuco STABBED A GUARD IN JAIL!! Whooops! So for the next year Jimmy/Saul will not be practicing law, but will cause someone trouble elsewhere. Chuck Finally getting help? And yes, it was cool watching Gus look over the future "Super Lab" with Lydia, so it suggests we'll see Gale again too.

Well, slowly getting caught up on the series and enjoying every turn as the plot unfolds.

I like the never knowing which way the story's going and the writing of dialogue that goes into the writing. Often it's what is NOT said that adds to the intent of the characters.

The way the video plays out wherein they focus on some inanimate object in detail, and its meaning comes back later in order to make sense. Kinda reminds me of the 80's stuff coming in from Europe at the time.

Great stuff!

Q

Looks like Hector is in really poor health. Tuco STABBED A GUARD IN JAIL!! Whooops! So for the next year Jimmy/Saul will not be practicing law, but will cause someone trouble elsewhere. Chuck Finally getting help? And yes, it was cool watching Gus look over the future "Super Lab" with Lydia, so it suggests we'll see Gale again too.

Not only them, Krazy 8 from Breaking Bad too. This show is turning into all kinds of awesome -

gallery-1457497633-screen-shot-2016-03-08-at-232633.png

As I think about this series and how it has to go, character wise...
Jimmy and Kim will split. Chuck will get committed or somesuch too.
Hector will end up in the wheel chair.
Jimmy will go back to law practice
Mike will continue.
Francesca will be around.
So will Marie Schrader be defended by Saul for shoplifting?

I wonder what will be the straw that breaks Kim's back. Maybe Jimmy / Saul will screw up Mesa Verde for her.

All I gotta say is Kim is HOT.:bowdown: Love woman who wield power and are independent. I spend a lot of lonely nights alone. :rflmao:

I don't think Chucks going to let the Jimmy thing go, he's planning something to get back at him, and being a smug jerk, and underestimating Jimmy, as always, it will go badly for him.

It was cool to finally see Saul being born. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So.... Nacho tries to kill Hector, but it only causes him to stroke. When Tuco gets out of jail he will kill Nacho?
Hector is no longer in charge, but Tuco is. Its a possibility.

Yeah, Chucks insurance rates just went up too, or maybe cancelled because of his outburst at the Bar. Maybe Hamlin will have to let chuck go, and take his name off the firm. Buying out Chuck won't be so expensive for HHM anymore.

Back
Top Bottom