Bi-amp Shorting Strips on Speakers

wizard_len

Hello all! I just got a pair of Energy 22.3 speakers off of eBay that seem to be in good shape but have absolutely no treble whatever. They are capable of biamping and the owners manual shows that shorting strips hook the two sets of wire connectors together, i.e., lower to upper bass and lower to upper treble. These are missing entirely, so, duh..., I figure this might be the problem. Question to those in the know, does it matter what these strips are made of (metal of course). Will a piece of wire do the job; I sense that it should since all it is doing is hooking the terminals together. Are there any gotchas I need to be aware of. Thanks!

A simple piece of wire will make them operational..... use the heaviest gauge wire practical, and keep the length as short as possible.

If the binding posts are very close together it may be acceptable just to strip a little extra insulation from the end of the speaker wire and just thread it through both binding posts.

Be careful not to let the two speaker wires short out when doing this.

Last edited:
I did pretty much what hp said since my AN speakers came minus their jumpers. I just used some regular ole 12 ga wire.

There are companies that jumpers but they can get sort of costly.

Thanks for the help grumpy and hpsenicka. I suspected that, but was worried if there was something I wasn't aware of. As always, I appreciate the help, and AK is the best of all for helping each other. Thanks again! Len

Back
Top Bottom