Bi-amping Infinity Ren 80 on a tight budget

and you can't have my pair back. :p

a single 200 wpc amp will likely drive them just fine, they are power hungry, but nothing like old magnepan speakers.
I'm driving mine (Ren 90) with a 100 wpc chip amp at the moment.

(update march 28)
I'm now driving mine with a Carver PM 350(350 wpc @8 and 450 @4) and they sound absolutely fine.

blew up that fine little chip amp by driving 5 pairs of speakers simultaniously at as loud as I could levels, with the ren's being one of those 5.

That's pretty good for a cheap chip amp, wish I'd taken a look at the autoformer settings on the switcher before rocking out. (heh heh)

Last edited:
I bi-amp mine Ren 90 with two HK Citation 22 (200 watts per channel into 8Ω) and I am very happy with the sound!

Hi
I currently bi amp my ren 90s. Mc2205 on top and a carver amp on the bottom. I can get the power guard light to flash when I listen loud. It does provide some flexibility as both these amps are adjustable.

Just for the heck of it I have tried my marantz 8b on top with the 2205 on the bottom as well.

I have never used any external crossovers.

That said I really don't see much advantage to bi amping the way I have. I think just getting the right amp to begin with is the best bet unless you are willing to spend some effort on the crossovers, although I haven't tried that approach.

I am currently looking to replace these amps with mc501 mono blocks.

Good luck!

"I've owned 2 pairs and i stupidly sold both :/ before I understood what I do now "
and the moral of the strory is : : : ?? ( That one can look far and wide , spend muchas dineros seek the grail ,just to find out you already had it and sold it ... twice ? :naughty: )
Cmon Ren 80 I dare you to show up within driving range .. :banana:
About a year ago a pair of RS 2 lived 1/2 hr from me and sold for 600 . I had no where to put them in current space but will be moving soon and :whip:that I could not take them when they showed ..Good news was a fellow aker in Burlington vt ( where im headed ) got them ( for a song ) :rflmao::music:

"I've owned 2 pairs and i stupidly sold both :/ before I understood what I do now "
and the moral of the strory is : : : ?? ( That one can look far and wide , spend muchas dineros seek the grail ,just to find out you already had it and sold it ... twice ? :naughty: )
Cmon Ren 80 I dare you to show up within driving range .. :banana:
About a year ago a pair of RS 2 lived 1/2 hr from me and sold for 600 . I had no where to put them in current space but will be moving soon and :whip:that I could not take them when they showed ..Good news was a fellow aker in Burlington vt ( where im headed ) got them ( for a song ) :rflmao::music:
Time for a storage unit:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom