BIC T-4M Idler Tire Replacement?

Tape Echo

There is a fantastic thread in AK's DIY section detailing how to open the unit and replace the belts, a difficult feat I've accomplished thanks to that info, but my FF and RW don't work at all and that apparently is due to a worn idler tire. I've not found any specific info on a replacement tire or any dimensions or recommendations to use a specific tire from another brand which just happens to work here. I know about Terry's but I don't even have dimensions from which he could work. Does anyone have any knowledge on this or a work-around to determining the dimensions (buying a few round belts in a particular size range and seeing what fits well and determining the required replacement tire size from there)...who sells inexpensive small belts so I could try this...

long time ago I messed with Nak tires, MCM has (used to anyway) a set of rubber tires
in various sizes. try them.

long time ago I messed with Nak tires, MCM has (used to anyway) a set of rubber tires
in various sizes. try them.
The MCM idlers are crap. They work for about a year and then start slipping.

Thanks for the warning about the MCM parts; they were my first thought but they've apparently been purchased by someone so I didn't even do a search...dodged a bullet!

Back
Top Bottom