Bicycles - Show Us What You Ride

attachment.php

That is the bike of a long-legged fellow!

Nice.

So I went to my preventative cardio doc this morning for my echocardiogram. Seemed fitting to ride the bike as I'm on my quest to get back to 100 miles a week. For the hard core bikers that's an afternoon but for me it's a stretch goal. On the way there I realized my Townie's odometer turned over to 3k :banana: And it was right in front of my favorite "healthy" fish taco shop. Seemed very fitting.

Image.jpg

Image%25201.jpg

Schwinn_Paramount_White 007.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

I think I posted pics of this one in another thread a long time ago.

This Schwinn Paramount 50th Anniversary (58cm) started life as an NOS Frame I bought, and built the bike from scratch with a selection of both NOS Vintage, and new Campy Record/C-Record/Cinelli/etc parts. Not one used part was used, wanted to do this one right from start to finish.

All 10 Speed Record Drivetrain, Campy Chorus all Steel 13/26 Cassette, 39/52Chainrings, Record Ultra 10sp Indexed Brifters, and Record Brakes, Mavic Open Pro Wheels, Cinelli Campione Bars, Nitto Pearl 100mm Stem, Campy C-Record Aero Seat Post, Selle Coppi Limited Edition White Leather Saddle, Superleggeri Pedals, and Clips. Stock Stronglight Roller Headset, Wipperman SS Chain.

The original owner was able to later furnish all the proper Columbus Decals, (For Fork and Downtube) and Owner's Manual, as he couldn't find them at first when I bought the frame.

Bike now sports Veloflex 700-22 Tires instead of Vittoria.
Mark

My bike fell apart on me while out on the trails. Put 'er back together a couple days ago with a bash guard and a chain guide!

315028_3720854514098_1909865993_n.jpg

Me racin' bike, for criteriums and such

2010 Cannondale BBQ CAAD9-1 Dura Ace w/Mavic K10 wheels/Look Keo carbon pedals....

last of the American made C'dale frames

Attachments

• giddy up, little horsey.jpg
    giddy up, little horsey.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 34
not as radical as it looks in this angle, but still radical. never measured the drop, its the result of a fit session i did at the end of last season. the guy said, 'OK, without you having to do ANY extra training, I'm going to give you at least 10% more power, and you're going to be climbing in the saddle more than you are out', then he raised that thing 2". for about 3 days, it felt totally awkward, then all of a sudden, that thing just popped in underneath me like it was a body part, and had always been there. a 58cm frame where in the previous life of 80s racing i was on 62/63cm frames. and the fitter hit the bullseye here, for sure...

Wore out my back tire this week, Woohoo! 2800+/- urban street miles, 0 flats. Ease of tire changes is definitely not the strong suit of the Shimano 8i w/ roller breaks. PITA actually. Vittoria Randonneurs, bought 2 more. If only I could remember to rotate them. The front one still has the nibs on it!

Paring down to just this one

My riding has changed much in the last couple of years. For a long time was a racer-guy, racing mtb's, road bikes, cyclocross, and even triathlons. Uggh. Too old and tired for that now, and I never was any good anyway. In addition, when you own a shop there's not much time to train.
So I'm paring down.
I'm getting rid of the titanium Salsa hardtail and the Trek Madone 6 series road bike--though both are outstanding bikes--and going with the Salsa Fargo, a drop bar off road bike designed specifically for off road touring but that works well for off-roading, relaxed road rides, commuting...basically a solid do-it-all.
The pic is attached. I hope to have it this week. I'm awaiting a new turntable, too so me thinks this will be a good week!

Attachments

• bikes_Fargo3_2013.jpg
    bikes_Fargo3_2013.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 20
392449_4550975183395_1629995412_n.jpg

first ride today - was at least big fun - until: ... saddle broke. Searched months for a french leather seat...

603175_4550977023441_1564156430_n.jpg

Beautiful bike!
BTW, I've got a good Ideale saddle around here someplace. Bit more of a racing style, though.

really? is it by chance french? I wanted to stay with french parts as fas as possible... and the Lamplugh was so nice, but somehow it just made 5 miles before it broke. Ok.. it was 40+ yrs old... but... :)
ah, Ideale IS french - if it is dark brown I'd would be heavily interested if you would...

really? is it by chance french? I wanted to stay with french parts as fas as possible... and the Lamplugh was so nice, but somehow it just made 5 miles before it broke. Ok.. it was 40+ yrs old... but... :)
ah, Ideale IS french - if it is dark brown I'd would be heavily interested if you would...

It's French. It's actullay a BIM No. 39 (made by Ideale?). NOS, but scuffed. It's black (leather). It's narrow and hard and thick. It's got a scuff.

I'll dig it out and take some pix if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom