Bicycles - Show Us What You Ride

The Rat Rod:

ratrodjpg.jpg

made some changes... I am completely off those MAFACs... I switched back to Weinmanns, sidepull. the wires run perfectly, the installing and adjusting took just 30 minutes, no problems at all, also the old Weinmann grips look really good on that bar.

381310_4559811084287_655659142_n.jpg

The frontbrake is now (temporarily) a 810, it will be replaced by a 730 next week, wich is the better size for the fork. The 810 has too long arms.

185037_4559811204290_837447302_n.jpg

Those weinmann grips with the metallic red point fit perfectly. I will tape the bar with brown tape. Thought of leather, but too expensive.

539159_4559809804255_1065615107_n.jpg

Brown Bar tape up to the last bow before the stem...

421686_4559813604350_219265497_n.jpg

The wire runs like it is made for this frame... much nicer then the MAFAC arrangement...

381084_4559812524323_1120316449_n.jpg

418579_4559811844306_1472642598_n.jpg

The seat is only until I get a slim brown leather seat again... I have an eye on a Motobécane seat in france

Last edited:
The seat is only until I get a slim brown leather seat again... I have an eye on a Motobécane seat in france

There ya go, a lot of the best seats were branded for bicycle makers. :yes: I have a brown suede leather saddle, branded for Univega (though only with their older logo, so hard to ID), and a black patent leather saddle, branded for Cinelli, and those are the best seats I've ever used. :yes: Brooks & other suspended saddles "might" be better, but I'm not going to pay what they cost, to find out. :no: That bike's looking good. :thmbsp:

bikeBUILD.jpg

This build kind of hit a wall when I figured out that I don't need 3 road bikes.
I am close to figuring out that I don't need two road bikes and a few parts.
Fork is a Bontrager Carbon w/ buzz kill inserts. Frame is a Rocky Mountain
Solo 50.

kpw0024.jpg

Daily ride.

Last edited:
getter365's bicycles

For cruising, my Ice Green Trek 730 hybrid. I also use this for hilly bikeathons because of its low gear. It's great for trails but not the deep stuff because my tires are mainly for street use. Slighly older is my white/red Aluminun Trek 1000-a rather speedy ride. And I still have my first 10 speed (really 12 speeds) type bike, my black Fuji Gran Tourer. I love riding, just have to make the time for it. Glad to hear others here do too.

Just moved this one for a James, my winter project. This Raleigh had a '75 dated AW hub and is aluminum color. It was not a Gazelle built Raleigh but all English -

ot2Yr.jpg

kYc0T.jpg

I have an old Raleigh bike given to me by my great uncle. The bike is not 100% original has been repainted many years ago. Also the chrome rods for the breaks could use a good cleaning to remove all the surface rust. I wouldn't mind restoring this bike to close to original if its worth it. I don't have any pictures of my bike, but one identical to it from google. Anyone have any idea how rare it is?

Attachments

• raleigh-tourist.jpg
    raleigh-tourist.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 18
This build kind of hit a wall when I figured out that I don't need 3 road bikes.
I am close to figuring out that I don't need two road bikes and a few parts.
Fork is a Bontrager Carbon w/ buzz kill inserts. Frame is a Rocky Mountain
Solo 50.

Screw that, build it! :banana:

Love the Klein, Albowlly!!!

I sold my road bike last year (Cannondale R600 Saeco) because I don't really have anywhere to ride it, being out in the woods like I am. This one will never leave though:

attachment.php

It's a retro machine with overbar thumbshifters, Manitou II fork, and original Speedplay Frog pedals. I love it.

Love the Klein, Albowlly!!!

I sold my road bike last year (Cannondale R600 Saeco) because I don't really have anywhere to ride it, being out in the woods like I am. This one will never leave though:

attachment.php

It's a retro machine with overbar thumbshifters, Manitou II fork, and original Speedplay Frog pedals. I love it.

RayW,
You just can't beat a Klein hardtail! Nice Rascal! :thmbsp:

The Pulse was my first Klein and is currently in single speed mode.
IMG_1760_zps44ac5b59.jpg

The Adroit has been my main ride for 12/13 years.
IMG_1757_zpsa2eb511b.jpg

The Adroit was my dream bike but I'm a 200 lb pedal cruncher and I was always afraid I would kill it. The Rascal was the same geometry with thicker, and of course heavier, tubes. I still think the Adroit is about as sexy an mtb as I've seen.

I have an old Raleigh bike given to me by my great uncle. The bike is not 100% original has been repainted many years ago. Also the chrome rods for the breaks could use a good cleaning to remove all the surface rust. I wouldn't mind restoring this bike to close to original if its worth it. I don't have any pictures of my bike, but one identical to it from google. Anyone have any idea how rare it is?

Not terribly rare. I've seen beautifully restored versions sell for $800 (including a new $200 Brooks saddle), and decent condition models (with light rust) going for $125.

Back
Top Bottom