Bidding notice--Pioneer QX-8000 Quad receiver

I had my eye on it, but I'm backing off. Good luck with winning it!

BTW, I'm all about the Sansui TU-777 thats also on the 'bay, it'll make a great companion to my AU-999, so I'll be bidding on that...

Qx-8000

Steven,
I have a QX-8000 listed in the parts forum.It is mint, but only 3 of the 4 channels work.You can have it for a small donation to the site plus shipping.PM me if your interested.......Jeff

Actually I had posted it during the changeover of the site.That 2-3 week void that we lost.I will post it again......Jeff

If you need parts.....I have a 8000a parts unit

Congradualations. If you need parts I do have a later QX 8000a. It is a little different but is similar. Let me know if you need anything. Price is right. Free :thmbsp:
Eric

It's on the way...

The MO went out in the mail on the 8th and that means it should have cleared OKC and should be there by now. I'm trying to...oh wait. Just got confirmation that he received it Monday and it should go out today. When I get the tracking number I'll get the ETA and then I'll know what I need on that date. I do know I need a power switch.

Meanwhile, since bridging the pre's with an RCA cable doesn't work, I either have a bad interconnect switch or an intenal fuse blown on the SX-6000 (reply to this thread)...I remember seeing one fuselike device wrapped in plastic/vinyl on the top of the board that I have no clue about, and it was soldered in. I will open it up again later today and look again.

Good question here...

Perhaps we have enough parts 8000s to fix this and build another one? I've wanted one but also have to consider giving this one to the person who gave me the horns who could build 4.0 surround with the discrete input and use a subwoofer for 5.1. He keeps expressing interest in my ProLogic Sony but I had that modded for AM stereo so that's a no-go. Still, I'd really like one too. Could you guys get together and see what's left of the two sets?

PS He has an SX-3400 and loves Pioneer gear so this would be kinda neat for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom