Big Band LP's

Something a little different from the originals, these 2 are some of the best I have.
R-2230792-1412898974-6630.jpeg.jpg

R-5643277-1398772874-8134.jpeg.jpg

I too love big band music, I find it most rewarding and it will certainly will test a good system.
I have quite a number of Ted Heath albums notably on the Jasmine, Decca Eclipse and Phase4 labels, Highly recommend.
cph2IWyl.jpg

Just to throw another one into the pot.

XbzTNeMl.jpg

His Song of India on this album is something else, I have set up a thread on the music thread 'Todays big band and swing' pop over there I have recently added a super Billy May album.
Good thread this :beerchug:

Benny Goodman ..... The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert vol.1
with // Count Basie; Harry James; Gene Krupa; Lionel Hampton; Teddy Wilson; Lester Young; Buck Clayton; Bobby Hackett
Columbia LP CL814

Glenn Miller and the Glenn Miller Orchestra ..... Carnegie Hall Concert ... October 6, 1939
RCA Victor LPM-1506

Audio quality for both is very good considering the recording processes of the 1930's

You guys are killin' me. My audio has been out of commission for several months while I remodel the den into a media room. I'm running out of patience.

Ella Fitzgerald George and Ira Gershwin AND Nelson Riddle all in the same place
Recordings range from very good to fantastic
Definitely a must listen if nothing else
A centennial vinyl replica has just been reissued as well as a few other versions and formats over the years
Look for a 1959 Verve original, it won't disappoint
161077972971.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom