BIG Speakers. Let's see them!!

rxonmymind

I have love for big speakers such as my Klipsch Belle's. They fill every sq ft of my home with such ease & clarity. Effortless musicality I should say. Bass driven by 15" woofers keep things thumping while the horns blow out jazz easy as a Sunday morning. Beautiful laid back speakers one can listen to them all day.
I'd like to one day add a pair of JBL TAD 3401, 2402, 2401(DUAL 15"!) and so forth. At the very least have the privilege of listening to them.
Post pics of yours. Past or present and tour impression of them. Love to see them.

Attachments

• post-63400-0-13440000-1465618149_thumb.jpg
    post-63400-0-13440000-1465618149_thumb.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 294
KLH Model Ones- dual 12" woofers. These came with a pair of Janszen 1-30s, which need
restoration. Serious SPL without breaking a sweat.

25 x 37 x 15, 85 lbs. For reference, speakers in the background of #2 are Advent OLA, KLH
Model Four, AR2, AR2ax, etc.

oil3.jpg

new grill.jpg

Altec 416-8b in MLTL cabinets:
IMG_0001-13.jpg

Impressions: They impress the hell out of me.

Probably @RS Steve has us all beat with his Frazier Model 11 :)

Sadly the Model Elevens have gone to Oklahoma, the new owner that gladly met my I don't want to sell them price, drove all the way to Florida and took them away :(. My JBL 250ti's pretty much took over as my best sounding speaker, the Eleven's became more like large furniture. :eek:

So they most likely will get replaced with some EV Sentry III speakers if the deal happens, they aren't the size of a refrigerator like the Elevens, but still pretty big.

011.jpg EV Sentry III.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone wants to see big speakers, watch "Ruthless People" with Bette Midler and Danny Devito.

Those look great guys. Yes about weight. As much as I love big speakers that's one aspect which has me cringing. Argh. It's pretty much set it & forget it.
My Klipsch weigh in at 125# each and it was a bear to move them. What would take me & another person to move them from across town maybe an hour, doing it by myself a fridge dolly and a van turned into a 2-3hr trip.
At 18, not a problem. Now... just have to move a little slower & smarter. ;)

In answer to the question above - 4430s were primarily marketed to recording and broadcast studios, but I've seen them in PA systems and bars/clubs.

Back
Top Bottom