BIG Speakers. Let's see them!!

I suppose that was a bit of "artistic liberty" taking advantage of the fact that most in the audience wouldn't know what to look for.
Kind of like shooting a revolver 8 or 9 times before having to reload.

Solid guys. Keep them coming. As they say go big or go home.
I suppose that was a bit of "artistic liberty" taking advantage of the fact that most in the audience wouldn't know what to look for.
Kind of like shooting a revolver 8 or 9 times before having to reload.
In relation to what? You lost me.:dunno:

My office system. JBL 4560s with 511 horns and a couple of passive subs.
20160225_111308_LLS_zps0xyu0m6k.jpg

Nice office, need an assistant ?

Yep we'll flip records so he can get some work done...:D

In relation to what? You lost me.:dunno:
Sorry. I had posted a pic of the behemoth speakers from "Ruthless People" and 71CNY had asked "Where are the tweeters?"

RuthlessPeople.gif

Of course, there's no tweeters as it's a small enough detail for the big screen not to have to bother with.

I had a pair of these; the power generators had been robbed. I used solid state generators from the 2+2 model. Worked well.
I still have a soft spot for the Acoustat X since that was my first stat. I met Bob Reiman and Jim Strickland in '76 when they brought a pair to JWC of the Absolute Sound to review. It was Dr. Cooledge's Dayton-Wrights that turned me into a stat freak back then.

I purchased a pair a year later and subsequently upgraded them to be a Monitor 4 using an additional panel and elevated frame.

BTW, the more commonly used term for "power generator" is power amplifier. The original servo charge direct drive tube amps were nice, but the later dual transformer interface allowed for using better amplifiers.

And the interface is neither solid state nor tube since there are no active devices in it. You can use either type of amp. The best performance I had with 2+2s was with 500 watt VTL tube amps. :)

Last edited:
And you actually need bass bins? Whoa.... what a lovely set up. Cannot imagine what your profession is.... Fabulous.
Thanks. I definetly need the subs, the 4560s only cover the mid-bass. I produce Mead (honey wine), and that room is where I spend most of my evenings labeling bottles. I put the system there to combat boredom, it works.

I recently ran across this company.
Usher audio. Pic to give it some perspective. I'd LOVE to have these in my big living room and recently a pair sold for $10k. A stupid good deal. Heavy? Heck ya! 520lbs each. Nice bookshelf speakers eh?:D Drool....
:yikes::eek2:

I had these Sentry 100 speakers for about 5 years. When I got them, all nine drivers in each cabinet were working just fine. The 15" woofers were good quality CTS with big, square magnets. These speakers sounded quite good and I hated to give them up but I needed the floor space for other speakers that sounded even better. And I could put two sets of speakers in the same width of footprint, with the front to back depth giving back a good ten inches.

DSC03776.JPG DSC03777.JPG DSC03778.JPG DSC03283.JPG

Back
Top Bottom