Big STAX amps, almost there.

Fun statistic I observed while there. Each amp has 30 pair of 120w (or 100w) 10a transistors. (I suppose that’s a PNP-NPN arrangement) A can do machine right there. Plenty of transformer and cap supply to back them up too.

Fun statistic I observed while there. Each amp has 30 pair of 120w (or 100w) 10a transistors. (I suppose that’s a PNP-NPN arrangement) A can do machine right there. Plenty of transformer and cap supply to back them up too.
Unusual design to have 3 rows of transistors per heatsink.

Last edited:
Unusual design to have 3 rows of transistors per heatsink.
I don’t think they would have done this were it not for the fan cooling. Each heatsink has two 2 speed fans on it.

Last edited:
This thread gives me hope that one day the NRG's will be fixed and that i'm not alone in the struggle.
There is hope, finding a tech with enough time and deep enough pockets and the right test equipment was difficult. The deep pockets part is on account of the sheer amount of time spent on this, but enough bench and employees to keep going and not have this project occupy all of their time. There’s like 100 hours in this, and I am not being charged for anywhere near all of those hours.

There is hope, finding a tech with enough time and deep enough pockets and the right test equipment was difficult. The deep pockets part is on account of the sheer amount of time spent on this, but enough bench and employees to keep going and not have this project occupy all of their time. There’s like 100 hours in this, and I am not being charged for anywhere near all of those hours.

You sir have definitely found a keeper. I would hope, whomever is performing your work is also documenting their work for the next patient to come through. This has, and is, been a wonderful read for me.

Still waiting on an answer from an overseas buddy on two schottkey diodes. Maybe the zeners too.
EAD28C46-9103-4F98-90D2-6331CD9E2CD7.png

You'll definitely win, my tech is so slow and unreliable i'm sure the Nrgs could have been working years ago if someone else had them.
Sometimes yes, but hard to find parts on really damaged older stuff can be cause for major delays. I’m still willing to think you could win.

Back
Top Bottom