Big Thank you from Hawthorne Audio

D. Hawthorne

Hey Guys,
It is with great pleasure that I am writing to you today.
We would like to thank the people responsible for this opportunity and express thanks to each of you that stopped in to meet us and experience our work, very much appreciated.
Diana and I are slowly recovering from the show and will be getting to each of your e-mails as soon as possible.

As first time exhibitors we were clueless as to what to expect.
We were made to feel very welcome and got to meet a ton of very nice folks.

In reading many of these posts it was obviously a great show and experience for a great many of the quests.
I would have liked to have gotten around to more of the rooms, especially the DIY in the members room.

Hawthorne Audio ( Diana and I) are mainly focused on the DIY market and really like working with these folks.
We also enjoy the high end and will likely strive to serve both.
Next year we intend to set up two separate rooms.
We thought it could be good to set up a DIY oriented exhibit of our product line and showcase examples of our focus on affordable DIY components and approaches.
We offer many, many things that we just could not display properly within the context of our music listening room.

We would like to also continue the high end listening room and equip it with world class front ends and amps.

This, we believe would better serve our dual focus of budget minded DIY and also allow for the fun of exhibiting the higher end offerings both.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and all the kind words we received.

Cheers,
Darrel and Diana Hawthorne

Thank you both for helping make AKFest08 what it was. We can coordinate but it is the vendors like yourself that make the impression on the attendees. I know they loved your room as much as I, because I kept hearing it. Not just for the great cookies but the relaxing oasis amid the crowds on Saturday. I hope to see you next year and spend more time groovin to the tunes.

A beautiful room and gracious hosts - and happy to play the Dianne Reeves we brought along!

I absolutly LOVED your setup!!

I am a DIY guy, had my own room, and I WANT YOUR SPEAKERS!!!

I will be contacting you! OHH YAH and the best part, were all in Michigan!

I would love to have a set of your speakers setup at the fest next year in my room!
(I do mean me buying them and having them in my room)

I absolutly LOVED your setup!!

I am a DIY guy, had my own room, and I WANT YOUR SPEAKERS!!!

I will be contacting you! OHH YAH and the best part, were all in Michigan!

I would love to have a set of your speakers setup at the fest next year in my room!
(I do mean me buying them and having them in my room)

Hey Kegger,
Thank you very much for the kind words.
I would like to refrain from self promoting on Grumpy's Dime so please contact me directly for more info on DIY or finished speakers.

I just love having DIY'S and commercial speaker builders both using our line of drivers.:banana:

Cheers,
Darrel :thmbsp:

Thank you both for helping make AKFest08 what it was. We can coordinate but it is the vendors like yourself that make the impression on the attendees. I know they loved your room as much as I, because I kept hearing it. Not just for the great cookies but the relaxing oasis amid the crowds on Saturday. I hope to see you next year and spend more time groovin to the tunes.

I have to concur. It was fun to spend some time listening/looking at your speaks.

Your room was a good experience. The open-baffled speakers with nice bass and highs coming out of a 15" driver were suprising, and triggered the designer in me to see how I coudl put some stuff together using the component drivers.

The concensus among folks I spoke to was that your set sounded quite good, and was quite reasonably priced. You should get quite a good response.

Thanks,
Rich P

Hey Rich,
Thanks for the kind words.
Many guys asked me how all this works and it was fun to see the looks on the faces of the "New to OB's" and specificaly , high end coaxials.
Where is the tweeter? Why don't you have an enclouser?
You are only using 1.5 watts ????? :scratch2:
Very fun weekend for Diana and I...:thmbsp:

Cheers,
Darrel

Damn! I missed them. However, I heard from several reliable sources how good they sounded.. after I was gone, of course.. How I missed it when I was there all weekend with my own room is beyond me..:pity:

Darrel and Diana,

Welcome to AK.

Thank you for attending our little get together. It was a real pleasure meeting the both of you. Two more kind and genuine people in this business I can honestly say you will never meet.

One of my regrets from the show was not getting in to your room to hear your products.

David

Hey Guys,
What a nice set of responses to wake up to....
Truly a great way to start one's day . Thank you all.
Looking forward to next year and putting some faces to these names.
Cheers,
Darrel

Back
Top Bottom