Bigaltx's Mostly 80's Stuff

bigaltx24

Turntable Linn Axis

Cartridge Grado Red

CD Player Kyocera DA-310CX

Amp Denon PMA-900V

Pre Amp Kenwood Basic C1

Speakers Polk SDA 1B
Crossovers rebuilt using Dayton 1% film caps and Mills resistors. Baskets on Mid-Woofers and Passive Radiators damped. Cabinets sealed. Spiked

Speakers KLH Model 32
Crossovers rebuilt using Dayton 1% film cap. Cloth surrounds redoped. Baskets on woofers damped.

Wire Kimber 4PR

I never really thought about putting together an 80s system, it just kind of came together on it's own. It may not be very high end but it sure sounds great. I've had this system together for about 18 months now, and surprisingly don't feel any great need to change anything. Will get some pictures as soon as I find which kid has my camera.

nice list. I look forward to the pics.

Isn't it nice when you don't feel the burning need to change out gear? "Satisfaction" is the most sought-after component, IMO and extra sweet when it arrives by surprise.

It's way out of my norm to be totally satisfied with a system, but I pretty much am with this one. I've thought about going to a better cartridge, but doubt I will until I wear the Grado out. I have tried a few different CD and DVD players, but always come back to the Kyocera. I don't know it just has a nice smooth sound that works well with this system.

Anyway here's some pics as promised.

Attachments

• P1050012.jpg
    P1050012.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 109
  • P1050013.jpg
    P1050013.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 84
  • P1050015.jpg
    P1050015.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
Back