bilateral knee replacement

simplynuts

Hello guys.
Been off a while as I had both knees replaced and sitting at home for therapy and recovery. Doing well, but miss my basement system with good sound and my home theater. A little tough going down stairs which I have done so far once. Haven't had the desire or energy to check what's new on the site. Really miss listening to my original KLH six speakers that with Glen's input and nudging convinced me to invest in restoring them. Damn they sound so good.At least it hasn't snowed enough to stop me from going outside once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're brave to have done both at once but I guess it's better than having surgery already knowing you need another.
Do your therapy and follow doctor's orders. What ever it takes it will be worth doing to not have that constant, debilitating pain.
Remain patient and don't push it. Good luck with your healing.

Yup, post surgical sucks.
I'm guessing you haven't seen your local weather forecast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure hope it works out positively for you!
My ortho doc has suggested knee replacement may be in my future. I'm managing OK to date with cortisone injections.
Be careful on those stairs . . .

Roger

Had first at 45 .Total of 3 done so far by 51.Im 60 now so im thinking the warranty is pretty well done .I suppose ive had at least a dozen surgeries on my knees all total.Most were just scopes to cleanout fragments and tears.Best of luck .

Sure hope it works out positively for you!
My ortho doc has suggested knee replacement may be in my future. I'm managing OK to date with cortisone injections.
Be careful on those stairs . . .

Roger
Ever try flax seed oil? Makes a big different with my joints.

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I was told injection wouldn't help. I was severely bow legged on both legs and had bone on bone. Didn't make sense to do one and rely on a bad knee and then start all over. I am thin and in decent shape. I surprised the hospital on how fast I was able to get around. Good upper body strength and riding a bike helped. I came home and used two crutches without help to climb three stairs into my house. Been doing pt and have full motion. I climbed the stairs up and down with no issues. Basement steps which are carpeted are harder. Everyday seems a little better. I love to walk and it was driving me crazy.

3 inches. Not too bad though, the temps are going to drop to single digits and below so you won't want to go out.

I'm 64 and still play racquetball 5hrs a week. There's no shortage of replacement joint amongst my fellow players. I know of at least 4 knees, three hips and an elbow which friends have had replaced in the past five years. One guy came back after only 4 weeks and paid for it dearly. He'd lost a lot of mobility, but still had enough shot finesse to still have some game. Others have had no problem getting back into it and playing well.

Ever try flax seed oil? Makes a big difference with my joints.

I'm a big fan of Flaxseed oil. I've taken the supplement for over 8yrs and believe it's beneficial. I also take fish oil, Krill oil, Astaxanthin, MSM and Instaflex, but what I have found best for my knees is CBD oil. I could tell a difference after only a few days. I don't have any issues with my knees while running or walking, only when I kneel. When I get up it feels like the tendons temporarily rub against each other. I rub my knee and it goes away in about 30sec. More of an annoyance than a problem. Good luck with the new knees. I'm sure I'll eventually need at least one replaced.

CBD oil? Tell us more!
Oh wait, googley says its Organic Cannabis oil! big fun!

Theres cbd oil that has zero thc in it so you get the physical benefits but not the buzz.Im not a pot smoker but my friend gave me some cbd to try and I feel it worked but it costs too much vs my painkillers which cost zero.The cbd is most likely way better for me though.The oil I had ,you took 1ml in a syringe and squirted it your yap ,very little taste and you could get a buzz as it had a small amount of thc but you would of had to of overdid it .

I was bow legged and bone on bone on both knees so needed to have both done together. Amazing how straight and taller I am now. Actually told I am having a fast recovery. Helps being thin and in shape I guess. Might try to visit my listening room downstairs that has my klh six, luxmanr117 and techics turntable this weekend with supervision down the stairs.

Simplynuts, I hope you are doing well after bilateral TKAs. Where in NJ? I had the great pleasure of growing up in Piscataway, NJ, next to two corn fields, a hen house, and a milk farm.

Simplynuts, I hope you are doing well after bilateral TKAs. Where in NJ? I had the great pleasure of growing up in Piscataway, NJ, next to two corn fields, a hen house, and a milk farm.
paramus area. Must be showing your age. Malls, gas stations are all over the place now.

Back
Top Bottom