bilateral knee replacement

Simplynuts, how many weeks has it been since your surgery? I'm in week #8 for a single, with a second coming up soon and trying to figure out if I'm where I should be recovery-wise. I really hope you're doing well. Hard to imagine dealing with twice the intensity of a single.

Simplynuts, how many weeks has it been since your surgery? I'm in week #8 for a single, with a second coming up soon and trying to figure out if I'm where I should be recovery-wise. I really hope you're doing well. Hard to imagine dealing with twice the intensity of a single.
Surgery was on Jan 8th. Was told I am having an amazing fast recovery. Helps being thin and in good shape. Loved to ride my bike, walk, and my whole life spent lifting and moving things. In the hospital they asked if I worked out. Some guys having one knee were amazed how I got up when they were having trouble with one knee. I have been going up and down the stairs in my cape with not much difficulty. My reason to do both was I had bone on bone and both legs were bow legged. Didn't make sense to do one and not the other. Would have destroyed the unoperated knee trying to walk . I now have two straight legs and relearning to walk straight rather than swinging legs outwards. Good luck. Also, wanted to get it over with and not deal with it twice.

why four? redid both knees? So far, Surgeon says everything looks good. I see him again next week with xray and second folloew up.
Redid both, heavyweight retired EMT, younger days football /weightlifting. Agonizing bone on bone for years.
Rejected implants.

I went forward with it so I can continue to do the things I like to do while I'm still young enough.
I am 64 and love to walk. Was preventing me from taking long walks and traveling with my wife whose idea of a vacation is to travel, walk around and see as much as possible and rest when you get home. We travel well together. her last trip she took with my younger son.

Redid both, heavyweight retired EMT, younger days football /weightlifting. Agonizing bone on bone for years.
Rejected Stryker implants.
My knees were different company. I knew somebody who worked for stryker and wouldn't want their replacements. I went to HSS which is all they do. Knees and hips. They also send you home because they don't like rehabilitation centers because of the chance of infection. How rough is it to do it twice? My only objection is they seem to last 20 years or less. Me being lightweight and not a runner etc probably is good.

Hasn't been too bad pain wise. Stiff and bruised with swollen, knees, legs ankles and feet that is almost back to normal now. Ankles still a little stiff and both knees feel numb. Right knee is not as recovered as the left, but told they don't recover at the same rate.

I'm 72, gotten heavy, trying to walk it off. Working on diet control.
I never had an issue with weight. Been thin all my life and have the opposite of trying to gain weight. I can eat and not gain weight. I am always moving and a fast metabolism.

losing 50 pounds, I might disappear.
The skinny person insult comes to mind, "nose on a stick".
I understand that phrase generated friction between Roger Daltry and Pete Townshend in the early years when the Who was in the verge of being a personnel Trainwreck, before Roger figured out that being annoying was going to break his rice bowl.

Hasn't been too bad pain wise. Stiff and bruised with swollen, knees, legs ankles and feet that is almost back to normal now. Ankles still a little stiff and both knees feel numb. Right knee is not as recovered as the left, but told they don't recover at the same rate.
Wow. From January 8'th? That's great.

Back
Top Bottom