Bill Murray Movies

"What About Bob" gets one of my votes for sure.

Bob: Is this some kind of radical new therapy?
--------------------
Bob: If I fake it then I don't have it. (after faking a heart attack)
--------------------

Excellent movie, +1 on that post, lol

And when Richard Dreyfus grabs the steering wheel with two hands, slams on the brakes, get's out and opens Bob's door, all while uttering absolute non-sense, (on the way back from the asylum). I nearly piss myself every time, lol.

I should add that Broken Flowers is worthwhile for the Ethiopian jazz soundtrack alone-- very under seen movie.

It's weird to me no one mentioned The Life Aquatic. It certainly my favorite of his non-comedies, and Murray is brilliant in it.

Although Lost in Translation does have a young Scarlett Johansson in it...

Wes Anderson's

It's weird to me no one mentioned The Life Aquatic. It certainly my favorite of his non-comedies, and Murray is brilliant in it.

Although Lost in Translation does have a young Scarlett Johansson in it...
movies may be quirky but they are comedies too. Also the soundtrack is great too.

In no order:

- Caddyshack
- Groundhog Day
- Lost In Translation
- Ghostbusters
- Stripes

Honorable Mention: What About Bob?

Nothing can top Bill Murray's portrayal of a masochistic patient being treated by the sadistic dentist played by Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.The best 15 minutes ever in a movie!

Nothing can top Bill Murray's portrayal of a masochistic patient being treated by the sadistic dentist played by Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.The best 15 minutes ever in a movie!

I'll have to check this out-- it's one of those movies that I've seen parts of through the years but bit the whole thing.

That's the beauty of Bill

no role was to small for him,his roles in Ed Wood,Little Shop of Horrors, Caddyshack and where he portrayed himself in Zombieland.

What about Bob was filmed about thirty minutes from here so that's my #1 pick. Then Caddy Shack and Zombieland my new favorite movie.

1) Quick Change
2) Where the buffalo roam
3) What about Bob?
4) Groundhog Day

Estring said:
"Quick Change" is a very funny movie that Bill himself didn't like.

Why didnt bill like it I wonder??

Its an excellent movie!!

Mad dog and Glory should get a mention. It's the first film with Murray where thought, "Wow, this guy isn't just a comedian.". He plays a twisted & violent crime boss and Robert Deniro plays a wimp. An interesting flip of roles for both of them. It's a good film and worth the time seeing both actors play against type.

I wish Bill would do a autobiographical movie on his close friend Del Close.
Viola Spolin and Del basically created improvisation as we know it. Del was the father of the Long Form of improv and taught at The Second City Chicago and was an odd duck. He worked with most of the cast of the first season of SNL. I think Bill would nail this role.

Back
Top Bottom