Billy Carter

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
BTW with all the name dropping I might as well tell you about my friend Billy Carter. He and I worked together in the 80s and he was a hell of a nice guy. Too bad he died when and how he did. We used to sit in front of his gas station and fool with the yankees who would drive through. . . .

JR BEER

Never cared for Billy beer but I have a 6pack of JR Ewing's Private Stock still full in unopened cans. I promised Diwckt(sp) a AK member that I would give it to him for selling me my SX-1010 but untill this moment I forgot. "Terry if you read this its on the way"
Back to Billy; Nice Guy. . . . Only 2 people he did not like, Ed McMan and Jerry Lewis . . . .

First time I met Reggie was also at a car auction. He almost blasted me with some mustard as we were both at the food trough at the time. Years later I knew someone who worked on his collection of hot rods. Can you say "full of himself"? Conceited arrogant fellow is the nicest way I can put it.

Anthony

Remember having dinner with George Bush and family at the beginning of his race in NH and our group was trying to see which Republican candidate to support. I spoke with he, George Jr and Jeb. Result of the evening was that George would be supported - he seemed above board, etc. I remember telling a friend that I foresaw the kids making a run and I wouldn't trust them with my wallet. Not long ago, my friend and I were speaking and he reminded me of my statements about the kids. We are in agreement that my thoughts were rather on the mark.

I have a buddy from Texas and his take on the Bushes runs along the same conclusion as you. The kids are running loose in the candy store and we're the ones paying the dental bills.

Anthony

Originally posted by Brian
Remember having dinner with George Bush and family at the beginning of his race in NH and our group was trying to see which Republican candidate to support. I spoke with he, George Jr and Jeb. Result of the evening was that George would be supported - he seemed above board, etc. I remember telling a friend that I foresaw the kids making a run and I wouldn't trust them with my wallet. Not long ago, my friend and I were speaking and he reminded me of my statements about the kids. We are in agreement that my thoughts were rather on the mark.

What I find interesting is that George Senior allowed Jr. to get away with his attitude towards service in the Guard. Daddy fought bravely in WWII and I would have thought he'd be livid that his son would take service so lightly - I find it baffling, frankly.

As for Jeb, there's something I actually like about the guy. I don't know the whole story behind him, except that he has a daughter who obviously patterns her life after Courtney Love; however, it seems that they are approaching it maturely as a family, which I do respect.

Just 2 hog pennies from a dang furriner...

Back
Top Bottom