Eastern Bluebird

Bluebird1-1.jpg

Housefinch

Housefinch-1.jpg

HF2.jpg

White Breasted Nuthatch (I Think)

Littlebird.jpg

Last edited:
Doves in the driveway this morning after tossing out some leftovers. One lone grackle in the middle of the crowd.

Shot through double window glass so it's not as sharp as it could be. .

doves-driveway2.jpg

New York City Hawk........

We recently came back from vacationing in New York city a couple of weeks ago and while we were walking toward Central Park, just before entering my wife and I decided to get a quick bite from a local street vendor and just when we sat down to start eating in front of a building across the street from one of the parks entrance's, I notice something catches my eyes and I look up and this fellow flew, low level, right above us then across the street to a tree. I tell my wife...."check that out!" and I quickly take a picture with my iphone. He just sat there in the tree all during the time we ate are food. All during this time I kept my eyes on him. People passed below him and he didn't budge at all. When we finished we started to walk across the street towards the tree he was in and I was able to get another close up shot!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 28
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
We recently came back from vacationing in New York city a couple of weeks ago and while we were walking toward Central Park, just before entering my wife and I decided to get a quick bite from a local street vendor and just when we sat down to start eating in front of a building across the street from one of the parks entrance's, I notice something catches my eyes and I look up and this fellow flew, low level, right above us then across the street to a tree. I tell my wife...."check that out!" and I quickly take a picture with my iphone. He just sat there in the tree all during the time we ate are food. All during this time I kept my eyes on him. People passed below him and he didn't budge at all. When we finished we started to walk across the street towards the tree he was in and I was able to get another close up shot!

Looks like a Peregrine Falcon. They are cities' pigeon busters.

Last week this fella was sitting outside my porch waiting for a snack. Had to take the photo through the glass:sigh:. Thought it was a Great Horned...but to small...and in the bottom part of a tree? Preston
2ik5xd0.jpg

Killdeer eggs...just out on the ground in pasture grass...lasted about four days. Mother and eggs were then gone:tears:.
2vdli4h.jpg

Newly hatched Brewer's Blackbirds.
2vmvgqf.jpg

P1030397.jpg

oh, yeah... owls... we have numerous barred owls in our neighborhood - many years, the young ones'll show up in the back yard. Late last summer I was on the phone, standing on the deck on a Friday afternoon, and noticed this little guy...

DSC_1622.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1624.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom