bit torrent downloading & killer music

The Versalink 327 isn't the model # I need though it's supposed to be similar.

Another problem is that even the cd that came with dsl contains no info on it about this model except for the model #.
So following the steps at PortForwarding yields no gains. I was able to set up static IP address for my pc.
Also discovered that the ports were different than what I was banging my head against my desk to set up.
DNS had only 1 address so no alternate and is the same address as the gateway.
I thought they were supposed to be different?

Obviously, not a gamer I, so this is all new to me.

For my setup i didnt set up a static IP, i just used the one listed in ipconfig, but now that it is set up it should be fine. Here is the link to the list or routers on portforward:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

check your dsl modem for the model the see if it is on the list, then try again. I had to go through the same stuff setting mine up :)

Also, some torrrents you might not get a real high speed, especially if you have a low share ratio. Im currently d/ling a copy of the pink floyd live8 concert, with a swarm speed of 300, but im only getting 50-80, due to the fact that my share ratio is under 1. Once you download and seed enough files the speed will build, and sometimes it will start off slow and speed up as it goes.

-j

ah, I c that.
My share is less than 33%.
Also 6 peers and 3 seeds w speed of 115kB/s.
Thanks for the persistent help, btw.

Well, I switched over to Azureus from BitTornado (2kB/s) after Verizon cking speed @ infospeed.verizon.net to find I'm getting 94KB/s up to the modem.
Also went back to dynamic IP or whatever it's called.
Get NAT error when testing for port.
Tried changing port several times, but still get error and configured fw till I'm blue in the face.

So how do I get this new client to see torrent files I want to download?

NAT error means that your router needs to have the ports forwarded in its set up (independent of windows--i run linux and XP and forwarded the ports on my modem and Azureus works on linux and XP).

When starting Azureus is should ask if you want it to be the default client, then it will associate with torrent files.

hope this helps
-j

Back
Top Bottom