Black Faceplate 2385 restoration

Nice work Bob. You have a gift! Pulling all sorts of stations with the 2270. Have the ant repositioned good to Go!

Eric

I just finished up this really nice 2385 and put it in a new wood case .

pcuvJo9.jpg

WCfUJYG.jpg

Before the wood case.....
ArtoszE.jpg

Inside view fully restored including new Marantz labels on the transformer and both main caps (which were carefully cut open and restuffed with two new caps in each one).
Original silver faceplate was polished up and reinstalled but was replaced by a black laser etched/engraved one shortly after this pic was taken.

eDvRxC9.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Bob
Hey Bob. Looking for a black laser engraved faceplate for a Marantz 2325. I heard u make them. Do u have one available and if not, can u make one? What is your price sir?

Thanks

I talked with Bob a few weeks ago. He and his wife are busy moving to a new home in another state.
Imagine what a hassle this must be, each trip may require a quarantine of up to two weeks in one state or the other.
His cellphone service is poor much of the time.

Tom

Are those brushed black faceplates? I've been looking for some with no luck. There's a seller in Germany but they're faceplates with a textured front rather than the brushed look.

Are those brushed black faceplates? I've been looking for some with no luck. There's a seller in Germany but they're faceplates with a textured front rather than the brushed look.
Bob was selling those faceplates as a vendor for another person who was having them made. From the standpoint of the gentleman having them made, my understanding is that the process proved to be too time consuming and not profitable enough. So, as far as I know, the faceplates Bob was selling are no longer being manufactured. He may still have a few old stock left, not sure. But like Tom said, life is diverting his attention these days, so not sure if he is able to spend time on AK or not.

Bob was selling those faceplates as a vendor for another person who was having them made. From the standpoint of the gentleman having them made, my understanding is that the process proved to be too time consuming and not profitable enough. So, as far as I know, the faceplates Bob was selling are no longer being manufactured. He may still have a few old stock left, not sure. But like Tom said, life is diverting his attention these days, so not sure if he is able to spend time on AK or not.

I think I may know who you are referring to (TMZ2). It is too bad that there hasn't been someone else to fill that void. I often think of putting my Marantz 150 with my more 'modern' setup, but the silver aluminum face would look really stick out with a bunch of newer black components. Then again, so would the silver knobs, to a lesser degree.

I think I may know who you are referring to (TMZ2). It is too bad that there hasn't been someone else to fill that void. I often think of putting my Marantz 150 with my more 'modern' setup, but the silver aluminum face would look really stick out with a bunch of newer black components. Then again, so would the silver knobs, to a lesser degree.
Yes, I sought out Tony a couple of years ago and had a long phone conversation. He was quite a gentleman, and spent a lot of time explaining what he did. The problem was that there was no one-stop place to get them made. It took four companies to do all of the work needed, and all of them were geared for big commercial jobs. They had a minimum, which made costs high, and basically, his business was more nuisance than welcome for many of them. He first gave up the marketing end, and Bob took that over. I think he then quit having them manufactured. After talking to him, it convinced me not to try to duplicate what he was doing. The whole process was expensive, and just a PITA, and the profit didn’t justify it all. But, damn, he sure had some beautiful faceplates made.:biggrin:

Hello would you be so kind to guide me to that store in Germany. I’m looking for 2385 faceplate as well. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom