Black Panther - Believe the Hype

I don’t know. I sometimes like a movie where the story is what I like to call “morally flexible”. Ordinary good people bending the law to get at the right outcome.

Longmire is a great example!
Spoilers -

In Black Panther, his "foe" Erik Killmonger, is not a bad guy - just an opponent - its not the classic good vs evil story. Both men suffered.

I saw this movie and it stands out to me as a movie that missed the mark. The recent Thor was much better.

Black panther took itself way too seriously and placed the burden of very lofty goals on itself. It was at least an original take on the marvel universe, and the meh result should be easy to surpass in a sequel.

For the life of me I can’t believe the box office success that was achieved.

Black Panther was definitely ground breaking material when introduced by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The fact that a film with an almost "all black" cast and an "all black" narrative was created into a blockbuster film is groundbreaking. Yeah, I know there were other similar films, but not to this scale. It was like watching "Roots" again.
However, I am a Marvel fan. Having grown up on their comics, Marvel (and DC, to a lesser extent) effectively brought the joy of reading to my kids and nephews. For that I'm grateful!
Back to the OP...I loved the movie, but felt it was a tad drawn out in the beginning and some of the action scenes could have been shortened to leave one wanting more. I've watched all of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" movies from "Iron Man" to "Black Panther", and even most Marvel films prior to the MCU. My favorite of the bunch was Captain America: The Winter Soldier, followed closely by Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy Pt. 1 and 2, not necessarily in that order, and I'm greatly looking forward to watching Avengers: Infinity Wars.

I just saw this yesterday. I quite enjoyed it. I am not one to notice many CGI issues, which was one common complaint I saw. I liked most of the characters and loved the soundtrack (will be picking that up after I get back from an upcoming trip).

Beats the pants off the fox "Nick Fury' film with David Hasselhoff!

NickFury-TV.jpg

Here ya go:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...ry-of-family-video-and-its-400-million-owner/

And the store we have local to us has a Little Caeser's Pizza in the building. I remember when they partitioned that space off and made the switch, I thought it was brilliant. What better placement, for both of them? $5 pizza and a $3 new release, what could be better?

Our store right now is testing new lower prices, I got Thor Ragnarok and Coco along with their midweek special, free $1 movie with a new release rental, I got 4 movies for $3. I love it.
Are you charged extra if you don't rewind the DVD.

Finally watched Black Panther. A great movie that I could not quite get into. Was thinking about the reason and I realized the Blank Panther came along after I stopped reading comic Books. I knew the story but I never developed any bonding with a comic book character. With this said a great intro movie for the character.

Last edited:
My wife saw it and didn't care for it, and she's not especially discriminating. I'd probably hate it, but I dislike most movies.

Back
Top Bottom