Bloody Lovelies

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
Julia just popped this one in and after a few cuts I think I will enjoy the whole thing. They sound like the Kinks in a lot of ways, even some of the rifts are very Kinkish. I doubt that they were looking to sound like a cover for the Kinks, but the vocals, beat etc are familier even though I have never heard them before.
Julia found out about this group because of her passion for the music of Josh Groban. Of the group that travel with him, the bass player and drummer are part of the Bloody Lovelies.
Website<www.thebloodylovelies.com> It is nice to hear Rock in a form that I recognize from a new band. The tune that just finished had big hints of David Bowie. The one on now reminds me of the Doors.
This one is worth while guys.

Last edited:
Yo Thatcher,

I heard these guys while in the cd shoppe the other day, interesting. I heard only one track, I may pick it up. Hey man, have you listened to any of The White Stripes stuff ? If you can get past the "main stream vibe" they've picked up, I think you may enjoy them. Some very good guitar work on Elephant.

J

I liked the Kinks. I'll try to keep them in mind. Probably not in the 'used' bins, yet.

Who's Josh Groban, BTW? Yes, I am a hermit. But, you know, I think I may have seen his name in Blender (somehow I bought a subscription when I didn't get rid of a phone solicitor fast enough).

I'll remember the White Stripes as it sounds like it would be up Julia's alley. She loves the Sub Dudes and that kind of stuff.
Josh Groban is a young tenor who just released his second recording and is on tour now. He has a great voice and could do opera, but is doing a kind of romantic poppish type of music that the women just love. You want to get a lady warmed up just play some of this kid's stuff. I like it OK, but not every day.
As far as promotions go he sang the Anthem at the last Super Bowl, did a duet with Celine Deon during the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake and a couple of other things that I can't remember.
Pro Ac posted about him a while back and I think wrote that he could sing the knickers off of a nun, or some such. Most of his fans seem to be 30 and 40 something women.

Back
Top Bottom