Blu-Ray Pure Audio and Linux ?

Beatnik

What's this ?
I'm not that interested in blu-ray for movies, but would like to be able to play the Pure Audio discs from my Linux/Ubuntu pc. Is this possible or has anyone done/tried this ?

The forum user base for Linux is probably something less than enormous. Maybe try a Linux forum?

There are a number of Linux users on AK, myself included.

A Linux forum may be better, but I have a feeling that there aren't many Linux users anywhere that know much about Bluray audio.

I'm just trying to find out if I get a Blu-ray drive, if it will decode 5.1 through the dac the same way as dvd-a is ? There's a few users here, thought I would ask before digging through the web.

Thanks

Picked up an LG external drive on sale and with a discount code. Used the above instructions by FedeleP and I'm playing a Pure Audio disc on VLC ! This is the only disc I have at the moment, will see how it goes.

PureAudio.png

Older BD media tends to have fewer issues with Linux. Newer BD media, often has new DRM encryption keys and protection changes, and sometimes will or will not work on Linux boxes. Hopefully Pure Audio will be something which works, and playback not broken in Linux.

Back
Top Bottom