Blue Jeans Cable or...?

virii01

mayor
Hey guys,

Not here to debate good cables versus cheap cables versus high end cables. Just curious if there are other options in the BJC cost/quality area. I like what they have but wouldn't mind comparing a few other offerings first.

For reference, their standard interconnect is about $30 for 2 or 3 feet and about $30 for 5 feet of speaker wire terminated at both ends.

Just needing interconnects/rcas and speaker cable.

Thanks! :thmbsp:

If you use BJC, try something from Monoprice and see what you think. It won't cost much.

I use monoprice and have been pleased. I'm thinking about ordering some interconnects from BJC to get custom lengths.

I really like BJC for speaker cable - especially with their welded banana connectors. I'm all over the map WRT interconnects, although I've started building my own using Switchcraft 3502 RCA connectors and Canare cable.

-D

I like the Monoprice premium I/C's but they are very stiff to work with.

I've used some of the AQ Evergreen series which seem fairly comparable cost wise. I like the mechanical quality on the few AQ cables I've used, but I have not used their really pricey stuff.

Thanks guys. I'm not trying to replace BJCs, moreso setting up a new "analog" system. The previous setup was all digital to the amp so I never really bothered with cable quality other than the speaker cable.

I may DIY some speaker cables but will likely need to buy at least 3 sets of interconnects plus a sub cable.

I use BJC and monoprice and while I can hear no difference the ends of the BJC are much better. You get a better fit and are less likely to pull out an RCA jack with the BJC cables.

I found that as well. I am OK with the Monoprice since since I have them in place, but next time I rearrange things they will not go back in.

I finally got around to trying BJC interconnects. My BJC LC-1 bested the more expensive (list price to list price) Monster Interlink 300s I had previously been using on most of my secondary systems.

Morrow. Traded out all my BJCs for Morrows.

+1. I traded all of my Audioquest cables for Morrow Audio cables. You get a 60 day no questions asked return policy and lifetime guarantee. The guarantee covers everything - even cables your dog chews through. His low cost interconnects start at $40.

Roll your own!

Parts Express now sells Belden 1694A and 1505F coaxial cable by the foot or 100' roll.

Canare RCAP or Belden Snap-N-Seal ProSNS connectors work great for the solder-shy and can be put on for a one-time cost of about $25 for the stripper and crimper.

Ixos gamma series have breaded 3rd cable, that gives more transparent sound - received 5 stars in whathifi.com

Accessories4less have sale on them frequantly for $19.95 RCA.

Also the speaker wires are good.

BJC are well made cables with professional quality wire and connectors. With many of their products, one could make a strong argument that you can't do any better (but I don't recommend it). Monoprice are crappy wire and crappy connectors. There is an order of magnitude in price difference. I don't really see what they have to do with each other. Even if there is NO benefit in sound quality in your application, the BJC cable is in an entirely different league.

P.S. Those "Super High Quality" RCA cables at cablesforless.com, on the other hand, look pretty good. Might give that a try next time I need some.

Last edited:
I'd never heard of these folks, but at the price, I thought I'd give them a try. A pair should be here tomorrow:

SW-30012-06_3.jpg

http://sewelldirect.com/Silverback-Speaker-Wire-by-Sewell-6-ft-Terminated.asp

Back
Top Bottom