Blue Note 75th Anniversary LP reissues

Johncan

Record collector
Has anyone been listening to these? I may start to seek them out. I cannot afford the originals or the audiophile reissue edition and these seem like a good way to hear them.

I've got Fuller's The Opener, and like it a lot. Nice flat, quiet pressing.
Be aware that these have had pretty mixed reviews as far as pressing quality, though. Make sure you get 'em from a place that will stand behind their product is what I'd say.

I have Maiden Voyage, sounds fine to me.

If there's a title you really love, may be worth it to get an audiophile version if available from Analogue Productions or similar, but for normal jazz titles, I think these are generally okay.

I've heard some mixed reviews as well though, so I would research individual titles. May be a thread on stevehoffmam.tv too - they like to get into the merits (or not) of particular pressings and issues more than we generally do here.

I read some of the comments in SteveHoffman.tv and my eyes glazed over after 20 pages. I have good ears, but not good enough to tell major differences in releases. I listen for pleasure and not to nitpick. As long as the vinyl is clean, flat, quiet, and does not cause any undo ear pain, I am generally happy.

And yes, I would only buy from a place that allows returns if the vinyl has issues like warps or bubbles.

I'm looking at getting a few best I try one first but I'd say I am in total agreement with Johncan.

Back
Top Bottom