Blues Special Begins Tonight on PBS

Dave918

'Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues'

A seven part special that begins tonight at 9:00pm eastern on PBS. The series begins with 'Going Home', a homage to the delta blues. Looks like the series will run through Oct. 4th with a different focus each night. Should be great viewing/listening.

Unfortunately, I leave on business early tomorrow, heading down to Atlanta for the week. Hope the hotel has a PBS channel!

-Dave

Forgot the link -

http://www.pbs.org/theblues/

Last edited:
I have been waiting to see the new special. Last night on PBS they played some never before seen SRV footage from Austin. It was some great stuff. Also today at 4:00 they are replaying the Muddy Waters special on PBS. Its must see TV.

Grumpy

Originally posted by grumpy
Also today at 4:00 they are replaying the Muddy Waters special on PBS. Its must see TV.

Grumpy

Aw man, didn't see that on the schedule. And NASCAR runs at Talladega this afternoon. Looks like I'll have to do switching back and forth later.

-Dave

Thanks for the heads-up Dave, I had forgotten that the series started tonight.

I've seen some really good concerts on PBS in the last few years...hope they keep it up. Austin City Limits had Double Trouble, minus SRV, with guest appearances from Susan Tedeschi, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepard, among others a few months back, it rocked:rockon:

Jon:)

I'm catching the Martin Scorsese - Blues program, as I type.

Nice - I think it's about 7 broadcasts in all.

Cool, I love the blues. :D

I bought the Taj Mahal cd ,the recordings are very good as Bobinaz mentioned.

Alan

Dave 918, if you are ever around Greenville,SC. Please give me a call. I'm good for all of the beers you need.

Regards,

Joe

Ya' know, one of these days I'm going to go back where it all began for me, Ft. Bragg NC. When I do I'll give you a call Joe.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom