Bluetooth a Marantz?

wurlyman

Anyone ever thought of this? It's easy to bring a bluetooth signal into an AUX port with a bluetooth receiver BUT I want to take the 'B' stereo speaker signal OUT of my 2325 with a bluetooth transmitter to a portable bluetooth speaker. Can it be done and how?

Yes. It can be done. Ingredient 1 is a Bluetooth transmitter dongle. Ingredient 2 is an RCA to 3.5 mm (female) "Y" cord for the connection. I have the dongle I linked. Not audiophile (heck, it is Bluetooth), but it works. Your biggest problem will be powering the Bluetooth dongle (runs off a USB). Perhaps a wall-wart and a cable from your AC power if you don't have any USB connections in your equipment.

Last edited:
Yes. It can be done. Ingredient 1 is a Bluetooth transmitter dongle. Ingredient 2 is an RCA to 3.5 mm (female) "Y" cord for the connection. I have the dongle I linked. Not audiophile (heck, it is Bluetooth), but it works. Your biggest problem will be powering the Bluetooth dongle (runs off a USB). Perhaps a wall-wart and a cable from your AC power if you don't have any USB connections in your equipment.

Your first link is dead. I'm thinking that rather than using the 'B' speaker connections, take the signal from the headphone jack on the front of the 2325 into a bluetooth transmitter and broadcasting that to a portable bluetooth speaker.

It is called a Bluetooth adapter module . The one you need has to have transmit capability .Some transmit and/or receive. DAK makes one . A DAK Bluetooth Upgrade

Your first link is dead. I'm thinking that rather than using the 'B' speaker connections, take the signal from the headphone jack on the front of the 2325 into a bluetooth transmitter and broadcasting that to a portable bluetooth speaker.

Fixed it (I think). Your headphone jack>Bluetooth transmitter>Bluetooth speaker idea is certainly more direct than using the RCA outs.

What kind of delay would result? If one is listening through speakers plugged into the receiver and then feeding a Bluetooth signal to a Bluetooth speaker in another space, say 20 meters away, would the delay be noticeable? I'm thinking anything more than 1/20th of a second could be intrusive if you could also hear the main sourced speakers...

This would be using the BT speaker outside while the receiver/amp plays inside.

What kind of delay would result? If one is listening through speakers plugged into the receiver and then feeding a Bluetooth signal to a Bluetooth speaker in another space, say 20 meters away, would the delay be noticeable? I'm thinking anything more than 1/20th of a second could be intrusive if you could also hear the main sourced speakers...

This would be using the BT speaker outside while the receiver/amp plays inside.

The inside speakers can be shut off with the speaker select switch and the headphone jack will still carry a signal. The BT portable speaker can be carried to any other part of the property, bedroom or the garage where my workbench is.

A blue tooth unit like the HARMON KARDON BTA 10 with RCA cable ENDS can be used. Must pair up your music source with the Harmon Kardon.
Use the "aux" or "tape in" on rear panel jacks to connect.. Look at a youtube video on the HK

Tape out seems like the right place to get signal from if we're talking about taking signal from the amp to a remote Bluetooth receiver and not the other way around.

OK everybody, it's done! Those that suggested the front tape monitors, that was not possible. Those are the jacks I use for my recording studio ins and outs. I got an MEE dual bluetooth transmitter and plugged it into the earphone jack on the Marantz. Paired it to a Sony SRS-XB31 speaker and it works like a charm. There is a latency in the signal but that's easily solved by turning off the main speakers on the Marantz. So now, wireless music in the bedroom, computer room and garage where I do my electronics, woodworking and art with pretty decent sound. Thanks for all of the input, this thread is OVER, DONE, KAPOOT.

Last edited:
You could probably use "Y" splitters on the tape outs to send the signal to both the transmitter ans your tape deck.

Back
Top Bottom